Josie's cruel Prank

It had been a few weeks since the service and Hope seemed to be herself. She still felt sad but she was no longer hurting herself, crying herself to sleep or having nightmares that caused the school to shake. Josie had encouraged Hope to start painting again. Thanks to Josie her artwork was something she'd been spending a lot of time on. That was all thanks to Josie, during one of her mental breakdowns Hope had wrecked her room and her Paints and canvases along with the brushes were destroyed.

Josie had gotten her new painting supplies as a late birthday present. Hope was currently working on a painting right now she was painting a field but it was missing something Hope just didn't know what. It didn't hit her until Friday what her painting was missing. She sent a text to Josie asking her to meet her in her room at the end of the day.

---
Hope was staring at the canvas nervously she didn't even hear Josie walk in she wasn't even aware she was in her room until the taller girl spoke.

"Are you okay?" Josie asked when she saw Hope freeze a few feet away from the door.

"Yes. No. I don't know, " the tribrid answered. "It's just that... I feel like something is coming a threat that we aren't prepared for."

Josie didn't know what to say. She knew all the pain Hope had gone through not just the last few months but her entire life and still, she was there, in school that so many awful events took place harbored for her and a few doors away from the room her late boyfriend once stayed was now occupied by a new student, a room she only saw in her nightmares.

"I know this might not mean a lot, but I'm here for anything you need." Josie said taking Hope's hand into hers when she saw the tribrid was slightly shaking. "And if what you need is to prepare for a unseen threat until you feel we're ready to face, then that's what we'll do."

"Thank you." Hope gave her a faint smile. "But I think it's better if We know what we're up against."

"Then let's not focus on that." Josie squeezed her hand before asking her what she needed.

After a long pause hope asked if she could help her with a project during the weekend she just had to get supplies. After agreeing The two went to bed, for the first time in a long time Hope slept alone in her bed, while Josie slept in her room. Hope spent the next few hours in her room staring at the canvas before deciding to set a blank one up.

--

The next day was the start of the weekend and Hope was still nervous both Josie and Lizzie had noticed.

"Hey," Josie said from Hope's bedroom door.

The tribrid had spent the morning and most of the afternoon in the library while Josie learnt some new spells from Freya and Davina the only two members who had stayed behind when Caroline had asked them to help with offensive magic.

The girls hadn't seen each other until dinner and then each one had gone to their separate rooms to rest and get some strength for the following day Davina was going to put the witches through a boot camp training session to toughen the witches up. Freya was going to focus on more advanced magic for the upper years.

All of this was only temporary because Freya still had to return to New Orleans back to her son and wife. Davina was staying a bit longer she would return home sooner or later but she wanted to see what a school full of supernatural students had to offer.

"Hey, Jo. It's late. Is everything okay?"

"Yeah. It's just that we couldn't sleep and I saw your light was turned on, so I thought I'd check in. What about you?"