Saying Goodbye

Hope was in her room getting ready for the service when someone knocked on her door. Recognizing her aunts and Caroline's scent she told her to come in.

"I guess it time then." She said taking a shaky breath turning to face freya and the vampire.

In the twins room Josie and Lizzie were getting ready for the service as well it was very quite. Lizzie could tell her sister was upset.

"I can't understand why Hope wants me their, I haven't even told her yet."

"Told her what?" Lizzie asked confused the night before and today Josie had seemed extremely sad. Maybe all the pain her sister had been pushing aside to help Hope was finally starting to overwhelm her and yet Lizzie sensed more then the loss of a friend she sensed guilt coming through the bond. Her sisters next words confirmed that.

"That I'm sorry." Josie said looking down she felt partially responsible for Landon's death if she had just siphoned more power she could've saved her friend from the pain, from turning full tribrid, saved Hope from having to kill someone she loved. Lizzie sat down on their bed.

"Come here." The blond said patting the spot next to her. Josie sat next to her sister took her hands and asked her to look her in the eye. "What happened that night, wasn't your fault." Lizzie said as Josie looked at her.

"How can you say that? I told Hope to take a step back and let me handle it and now Landon's gone."

"Do you honestly think it would've been different if Hope had done it?" Lizzie asked there was a pause and Josie felt her sister put an arm around her shoulder.

"Josie a heart beats only so many times in a life, London used is more then any student we know."

In Hope's room a very similar conversation was taking place.

"Aunt freya I'm just not sure I can be the woman that they wanted me to be now that Landon's gone. You have Keelin, mom had uncle Elijah,  Aunti Bex  and Marcel have each other, uncle Kole has Davina, Dad had Cammie and M's. Forbes. Who have I dated who hasn't died or betrayed me?"

Caroline smiled as she looked at Hope. "Walcome to the supernatural dating world." She said and sat next to the girl as freya sat on the other side. "I've dated human's wolves and was married to a vampire you think never once your family or I was betrayed, Now weather your parents and Landon are here or not, you're someone that  Landon always looked up too, someone he could always count on to do what's right." Caroline said.
"And you've become a woman that both your mom and dad would be proud of, a woman I'm damn proud to say is my niece."  Freya finished pulling Hope into a hug.

"I Love you sweetie." The witch said kissing the top of her nieces head.

"I love you too aunt Freya."  Hope replied letting a tear fall down.

After a few minutes the hug ended and they got up and left the room Caroline made her way over to her daughter's room.

***

The leaves had started to change color and fall from the trees. The leaves crunched under her boots as Hope walked out she saw the entire student body there along with Hope's Family and the staff. But the biggest surprise was Raf and his parents were there. The werewolf walked over and hugged her.

"How?" The Tribrid asked confused.

"Your aunt Davina and Freya did a spell, it's only temporary though." The werewolf explained after the two parted Hope lead the way to were she and the twin had planted the tree. It had grown in the last for months.

Placing a picture of Landon against it she turned  to see everyone holding candles.

"Incendia!" Davina, Freya, and the twins said. Every candle lit at once. everyone looked at Hope expecting her to say something she took a deep breath and began.

"Landon Kirby came to this school to support his brother and fellow student Rafael Waithe." She said looking at Raf before taking a shaky breath, "I think that we should hear from him first." The girl said eyeing her boyfriends foster brother. It was only fair he knew Landon for the longest. The wolf nodded in response and took her place.

"Thank you, I met Landon in foster Care we spent years looking out for each other, guiding each other, and supporting each other." Rafael paused for a minute before speaking again.

"While we didn't share the same blood we did have things in common. When I first triggered my curse he could've run away and left me like his parents left him but he didn't. He may have been a phoenix but was loyal, like a wolf. Even before he knew he could revive he didn't leave me the very first night I shifted I told him to run but he didn't. He was loyal, brave, and intelligent and.... I'll miss him so much." The werewolf couldn't fight the tears and let them fell but he didn't cry.

Wade stepped forward next.

"The day the Kareem showed up we all treated each other like crap but I was effected the most. Landon came to find me after some hurtful words were said and talked to me telling me he believed me. I not only made a friend that day but found someone else who liked D&D as much as I do once a week he would get a few students together and go on a adventure he even got Hope to play with us one time. He was the best DM I've met and really supportive."

One by one a student spoke about Landon even Pedro had a few words to say students that hope had never spoken too came up and shared memories of her boyfriend. This continued until only Josie, Lizzie and Hope we're left.

Josie gave a lovely speech of how Landon proved that the school might be full of powerful beings but true power came from the heart. Then Lizzie stood and took her sisters place.

"Thank you Josie, it's no secret that Landon and I didn't like each other but I did respect him, you'de be surprised all the times that he spent with Hope, my sister and I, the Knowledge he'd have from movies, and the wisdom he'd impart like everyone here I will miss his presence." Hope was both surprised and greatful for Lizzie's words and now it was her turn.

"Anyone who saw us togeather would think we were a perfect happy couple. This wasn't always the case, like every couple we disagreed on thing, we argued and got angry. The night Landon died be begged me to do it knowing how much it would hurt us and that it meant the end of his life and any future, he also knew it would save countless of lives. Protecting those lives was more important to him then his own desires. Let us all learn and try to live up to the man I loved." Hope finished fighting back tears.

"For Landon Kirby,  he may be gone but he will always be in our hearts!" Caroline said turning to Freya, Davina, and her daughters all four witches muttered a spell conjuring a stone with Landon's Name on it.

LANDON KIRBY
1996- 2022
Beloved son, brother, and friend.
****
After the service Hope walked up to Rafeal. "Raf, I'm so sorry, I was there when it happened... he was a good man, for the past four months I've been tortured by the fact that I could've done more that I should've done more."

"Hope your not at fault, I know you and the squad did everything you could." Raf assured

"How do you know that?" The girl asked

"Because I know you." The werewolf said smiling.

Josie and Lizzie walked forward Lizzie wrapped Raf into a hug and Josie did the same with Hope.

A/N: so I wanted to have a service for Landon but I didn't want to rush it. I always believed that Landon being a student would've at least spoken to other students off screen or something.