10 : The Bar & The White Wine

~[29/06/2022]

On her way back home, Hana wondered why Hobi volunteered himself to help that grandpa. It is unusual for him because he is always engaged with his studies and work. Where did he get that time?

But it wasn't an issue right now. As soon as Hana reached, she searched for the address she got from grandpa on her phone.

Neon Nights?

That workplace of Hobi turned out to be a bar and at that point, Hana knew that it was the bar Namjoon talked about.

It was 7:31 pm and maybe it was a good time to visit a bar. 

Hana dressed herself in an appropriate bar fashion. The red skin-fit dress revealed her shoulders and eighty percent of her legs. Her figure looked too hot and perfect for a woman to hang out in a bar. With some heavy earrings, red wine lipstick, maroon eyeshadow, and high heels, she prepared herself for the next mission.

She called a cab and got into the bar - Neon Nights!

It was noisy. But the smell of alcoholic aroma made a good mood. There were youngsters enjoying their drinks and dancing intimately. The blue-red-green lights danced all over the floors and the dark-themed bar reminded Hana of her university days.

She sat on one of the chairs and ordered her favorite white wine from the bartender. A handsome man, with a huge body build, handed Hana a glass of wine and asked her to order anything she wanted.

"Ummm, maybe... Can I order some of your time?"

"I'm sorry?"

"Jung Hoseok. I'm his friend, Hana. Could you spare me some time now?"

The bartender glanced at Hana. He wasn't sure if he should talk to her or not. But then, it was about Hoseok, his coworker and he couldn't ignore it.

"Sure! I'm Jackson, Jackson Wang! How can I help you?"

Spinning her glass of wine slowly in a circular motion on the platform, Hana tenderly inhaled the aroma of the wine and enjoyed her first sip.

"Do you know Hoseok? And do you know how he was doing lately?"

Pouring himself a glass of whiskey and gulping it without even flinching, Jackson answered her. 

"Yeah! He was my junior co-worker. He wasn't much good at the bar but was a fast learner. Whatever little things he could do, he gave his best. His handsome looks worked pretty well in attracting women. I can't deny that!"

"Did he ever come here with his girlfriend?"

The bartender immediately parted the glass of whiskey from his lips and responded. "You mean, Yeri?"

Hana wasn't sure if Yeri  was Hobi's girlfriend's name. But she assumed it. Tapping her fingernails on her glass of wine, she lied and moved further with her questions.

"Oh yeah! By chance, if you have her contact then I'd like to talk to--"

"Sorry, I don't. I just know her name because Hoseok usually talks about her. By the way, if you don't know, they met for the first time in this bar. I'll let you know if she ever drops by."

Hana just nodded thanking the bartender and took a sip of her wine. She was a pro when it came to alcohol. After sipping it, she mixed the wine with her saliva and tasted every drop of it before swallowing. She made sure her taste buds never forget the taste of her wine.

With her last sip, Jackson offered her another round of wine. It was her favorite. She definitely couldn't go against her will. She pushed her glass of wine with her pointer finger towards Jackson who was holding the bottle of wine. He poured some of it and gestured for her to enjoy it.

"Is there anything else you know about Hoseok or her gf-- I mean Yeri?"

He buffered for some time trying to recall something that he could probably tell Hana. He placed some wine bottles on the rack and abruptly turned towards Hana as if some memory shoot him in his head.

"Yeri. She was kind of weird. I mean, whenever Hoseok talked about her, it was never about how she is as a person or about their love. It was always about their weird dates. Like they go on a date at school or maths tuition classes or graveyard--"

"GRAVEYARD?? Did they really go on a date over there?"

"Yeah. That's what I heard from Hoseok. Trust me, either Yeri was weird or Hoseok had lost his mind in love."

Taehyung was right. Hoseok's girlfriend is weird. Crazy suits her better.

Hana gulped a mouthful of her wine and got lost in her own thoughts about what Yeri might look like. And moreover, how did Hobi end up dating a girl like her?

Meanwhile, Jackson took orders from another bunch of boys, sitting beside Hana. He made them their orders of whiskey and rum and got back to Hana.

"What does Yeri do? Like, was she a student or working somewhere?"

"A detective asked me the same thing but I didn't have an answer. I still don't have-- Wait! I forgot to tell the detective about his locker stuff. Wait a sec!"

Yoongi must be working hard on this case. No wonder everyone I meet mentions his name. 

Jackson quickly left his spot to get the locker stuff he was talking about. No sooner did he get back with a camera and an envelope in his hands than he asked Hana if she could pass those things to Hoseok's parents.

"Is that what Hoseok's locker had?"

"Yeah. You said you are his friend. Would you mind passing this to his parents?"

"Yaa, sure. Give it to me."

And he gets back to the work as the manager of the bar comes to check upon his employees.

Hana gulps down her wine and waves to Jackson before leaving. She again called a cab and got into it. All the way to her home, she had a number of things running inside her head.

Hoseok...

His weird clothing and crazy girlfriend.

His financial issues and... and this camera!

Why would he keep a camera at the bar though? 

She looked at the envelope that Jackson handed her and wonder if she should look into it. Well, who cares, and who'll know even if she peeks into it?

She was about to open the envelope when the driver stopped the car and told her that they arrived at the destination.

She took her phone, the camera, and the envelope before getting out. She paid the driver and headed toward her house.

"Hana-- O. MY. GOD! Look who is this hot lady?"

"Why are you sitting outside my house?" Hana asked without giving any attention to him.

"Where did you go? The bar? With whom? And that also without me? How rude of you Hana! How can you--"

"Shut up and hold this camera or at least open the door for me."

"Yeah yeah, my honor!"

========================

Hey, everyone!

First of all, don't ask me why Jackson always pops up in any K-pop ffs because even I don't know! 😂

Who do you think is at Hana's doorstep?

Please VOTE ⭐, COMMENT & SHARE <3

Borahae 💜