16 : The Real Yeri

~[13/07/2022]

KIM HANA'S POV:

I didn't expect you to be his girlfriend. Yeri...

As I got my pictured framed, I knew now who Hobi's mysterious girlfriend was. And I swear, I never expected that she would be someone I know.

But before I leave to meet her, I should get some evidence. 

Yeah! Evidence... CCTV... yep! But how? 

There is no way they will let me see their security footage. Not that I am a detective or something. It would have been a piece of cake for Yoongi. But whatever. I gotta accept my reality.

Think Hana! How? Ho- 

Right, I should call him...

I took out my phone and dialed a number.

.

.

"Yeoboseyo! Kai! It's me, Hana!"

"O Hanaya! What's up?"

"I'm good, I actually needed your help."

"Anytime. What is it?"

"Would you mind **whispering** hacking into a cafe's CCTV footage?"

--- Flashback

Kai was a professional Ethical Hacker who worked for the government in the high official military department. He was at Hana's age but a lot more experienced in his field. Why? because he started coding and programming at the age of 13. No wonder he sounds like a nerd but to be honest, he was the most fun person Hana knew. Despite being a cyber tech professional, he knew how to party, how to travel, and have fun in life.

Once, in her university days, there was a murder case near her area. Hana was working on that unsolved crime case project with her professor who was a good friend of one of the Detectives in charge of that recent case. Hana and Yoongi met Kai through that investigation when they worked together to find the culprit's accomplice's location.

Later, when she graduated as a Criminology professional but became a dance instructor, she lost contact with him. They barely used to interact. But whenever Hana needed some internal help, she asked Kai.

In one of her Dance competitions, she got a hunch about judges being exploited and so she asked Kai if he could hack their phones and confirm if she was right. Kai hesitated as it wasn't ethical but then if Hana was right, they can surely take legal actions without the cops knowing about the hacking thing.

Kai did it. He hacked their phones and laptops and he found evidence that they were paid pretty handsomely to get exploited. Later, Hana informed the cops about it and when they investigated, she was proved right. And that's how Kai and Hana gradually got close.

---Back to present

"I won't say no, only if you could give me a good reason," responded Kai.

Well, I am not surprised or disappointed because it's just Kai's thing. He will be ready to do something illegal if it helps someone or will bring something good. 

And I am pretty sure he will help me with this case too. I ain't doing something bad. I was just investigating a murder case and all I need to confirm is that Yeri, whose photo was pinned near Hobi's polaroid, is his girlfriend.

I can really get to know a lot of things from his girlfriend. And who knows? Yeri could be his killer too!

So, I explained everything about Hoseok's case and he didn't even hesitate to give me a helping hand.