Epilogue

~[18/08/2022]

KIM HANA'S POV:

It's been exactly 4 years since I joined the University of Criminology being an assistant professor. Because of my PTSD, I don't think I can work as a detective anymore. But after realizing that the friend of mine, who introduced me to dance and brought me to the Seoul Institute of Dance, is no longer with me, I don't even feel like practicing dance anymore. Dance reminds me of him, of Hobi and I don't think I can get rid of that beautiful memory. So now, I'm here teaching students criminal conduct.

Where are my keys... Ah here!

I just came back from the educational tour we had for a week and I can't wait to be in my home. I get the keys from my bag and open the door when I hear a voice.

"Samchhun(uncle)! Why Appa won't come home?"

The tiny voice makes me feel better already. As I remove my shoes and drag my luggage inside the house, I again hear the conversation going ahead.

"Ji Hunaa! Your appa won't be coming anymore. He has left yo--"

"PARK JIMIN!" I yell. Because, how dare he talk like that to my kids?

Oh yaa, did I tell you I am now a mother of two kids? My son - Min Ji Hu is 6 years old, and my daughter - Min Ji Soo is 5 years old. 

"Oh Hana! When did you come--"

"Omma", "Ommaaa!!" 

As soon as I entered the living room, both of my angels came running to me to hug me. I kneeled down and caged them in my arms. 

"I missed you both," I say kissing their cheeks. I hate going far away from them. How can a mother do that? They really fulfill my life. They are my everything.

After a while, as I pull back from the hug, Ji Hu looks at Jimin and Jimin looks at me. However, Jisoo isn't like Ji Hu. She never thinks before asking anything to anyone, like me.

"Omma! Why won't appa come home? I miss him," she says and I can see Jimin biting on his lips nervously. 

"Ji hunaa, Jisooyaa! Why don't you play inside your room? I need to talk to your Samchhun!" I say and see the kids running to their room. 

Whenever I ask them to go to their room, they never hesitate because we have put a lot of effort to make it their own world. Their bedroom is made up of a small toy house. They have their own mini kitchen and a living room. They even have a mini car to play and they just love their own world of toys. 

I put my bag on the couch and now stare at my long-lost best friend - Park Jimin. His eyes are down and I know he is finding a way to escape. 

"Jimin! You should really learn how to talk to the kids!"

"Talk like what? What did I do?" he fires back pouting like the kids only.

"I heard you telling them that Yoongi won't be coming anymore."

"That's the truth!"

I am already tired of traveling and now I have to handle this another kid. My kids don't need to be handled. They are such nice kids and always follow what their elders say. But this kid named Jimin is pain in my ass.

Jimin goes to the kitchen and I follow him. Is he trying to avoid me? Because he better not! However, just like always, he gets me a glass of water. I gulp down some of it and pause before we forget the topic of discussion.

"Jimin. Yoongi just--"

"See Haan! He is never there when you need him. He had left you back then and he has again done th--"