25 : First Date

~[24/07/2022]

KIM HANA'S POV:

First Date~

"I thought you liked tangerines," I say, plucking a dark red strawberry from the plant and putting it in my first bucket. 

I can't believe he brought me here, in the strawberry field for strawberry picking in this hot summer where I am literally drenching in sweat. But I can't even deny the fact of how much I love strawberries.

Detective Yoongi, who looked more like a tourist in Hawai right now, came beside me. Why does he keep staying beside me? Like come on, there are thousands of plants in this entire field.

"You thought or you knew it?" he asked, mocking me because of course I knew it. 

I just stare at him with slant eyes and he looks back at me. We definitely are not having a staring battle here. I roll my eyes and jump the entire row of plants to reach another row. I can't see his face anymore. He is behind me, holding the empty buckets. I pluck one more berry and taste it. It was so sweet and juicy that I wish if can just live here forever. 

I need to give him the credit. This is probably the best place he could take me for a date. Strawberry is my love language.

With his wide brim bucket hat on his head, he keeps plucking strawberries but I don't know why I feel like he is just keeping his eyes on me. Or is it just me who wants him to look at me? I don't know.

"Hana!" he says softly and I respond with a 'hmmm'.

"What do you hate about me?"

That was all of a sudden.

But. What do I hate about him?

Why does this question almost makes me feel unwanted? I know, I hate him a lot for whatever stupid reason he left me all alone when I needed him the most. But why I don't seem to come up with a single reason to answer his question?

I feel like my tongue went numb. 

I turn my face to look at him, sitting on the soil with his legs crossed. He looks at me for an answer but I look at him to make that answer. There is something on his face these days which didn't use to be when we were dating. What is it? That thing is kind of not letting me read his face. It's like he doesn't want me to know what's going on in his life. I turn my face off of him and think. Maybe I know what that is.

"You know. Back in those days, we used to share everything with each other. No matter how good or bad things are, we used to be honest and transparent." I say, taking a step forward and bending down again to find more juicy and rich strawberries.

"And?" 

"And then suddenly a few weeks before we broke up, you started acting weird. If you think you can read my mind, I can read yours too, Yoongi. I am not a fool. We freaking dated for 6 years. I knew you were keeping things to yourself and let me tell you, probably that's the reason we distanced from each other. And I hate that thing!"

I again resume plucking strawberries, swooshing more in my mouth than putting it in my bucket. Yoongi jumps the row like me and again comes beside me. Not that I hate him being with me. After that weird guy at Rkive had started following me, I feel very unsafe these days. But having someone with me feels good. I feel safe.

"I'm sorry," he apologizes and now I feel bad because he has been apologizing every then and now. I feel like I did something terrible. 

"You don't have to. All you need to do is open up to me like you did before. That's the only way we can help each other when in need."