21 : Addictive like wine~

~[20/07/2022]

JEON JUNGKOOK'S POV:

"I like long stories!" I say, chuckling and then filling my mouth with a huge bite of Kimchi fried rice.

But you know what? Not right now. I need her to eat properly before she gets totally wasted. As soon as she opens her mouth to speak, I swoosh a spoonful of rice in her mouth and point her to finish her food first. And like an obedient student, she digs into her plate, emptying it as if she has never tasted food.

But we finish eating in some time. No leftovers! And that's sad because I'll have to cook tomorrow again for myself. Not that I regret it because at least I know she loves my food.

---

After dinner~

"Noona! You want some water?" I ask as her eyes were glued to the TV screen with that ongoing dance show. But seems like she didn't hear me.

"NOONA!" this time she turned her face and looked at me with a question mark on her forehead. I gestured to her asking if she wants water but she nodded.

"How about one more glass of wine?" she asks instead and I am dumbstruck. 

How much is she gonna drink?

I sigh looking at her puppy eyes wanting more alcohol. But do you think I should let her drink more? Moreover, it's not like she is at her home or someone would be there to take care of her.

I deny. As quick as possible. 

But she is stubborn. She won't obey me. And why would she? I am the one student here. Not her!

She stands up on her feet from the couch, steadily, and then pushes me aside to grab her half bottle of Italian white wine from the kitchen counter.

Like a robot, all I could do is just stare at her and make sure she doesn't hit her head slipping down. And now we finally sit. 

I am on her left and she is on my right. With a glass of wine in her hand, she continues to watch the show. 

Even though, she was not completely herself, which was an obvious reaction to drinking alcohol, the way she enjoys it made me study her. Study the way she splashes wine in her glass, swirls, sniffs, and holds it with her delicate fingertips.

I can't help but drap my arm over the back of the couch as if I am embracing her. My jaw clenched and now I hesitate to ask her about her long love story.

"Noona!" I whisper to which she hums with an interrogation.

"How did you meet the love of your life?" I ask, softly. Almost like whispering.

She looks at me and my eyes meet her deep black eyes like a black hole in the universe. I never realized how beautiful her eyes were till now. They shine like stars when she is dancing but today is like I am seeing her in a parallel universe.

She rolls her eyes back to the TV, swishing wine in her mouth and swallowing it. I adjust my legs folding on the couch and she takes an eternity to respond to me back.

Breathing deep, she mumbles, "I met him on the first day of my university, at the orientation event. Criminology is the subject where you have to work in groups a lot. I don't know if it was a coincidence but despite being in a different section, we were in the same study group. And like that, we became good study buddies. We studied together, ate together, hung out together, bunked classes together, and gradually he asked me out one day."

And she stopped. Not even sipping the wine. 

"Is that it?" I ask. I thought it would be something like enemies to friends to lover kind of thing. Or maybe study rivals to lover story. Who knew it was this easy to ask her out? I still don't believe what she said.