24 : Those 6 years

~[23/07/2022]

MIN YOONGI POV:

After those two crackheads left, I am now all alone with Hana in a room. It is complete silence. All I could hear is the ceiling fan turning round and round and cars horning outside on the street. Though it isn't noisy. Quite enough to hear the birds chirping and singing in melody.

Sitting in front of her, I see her tying her hair in a bun, exposing her jawline. Not gonna lie, she is just as beautiful as she used to be. Even if someday I go blind, I'll still find her beautiful. Because I have been through her heart and I can bet, no one knows her better than me.

"What do you want to talk about?" she initiates the conversation.

I clear my throat before answering. My throat was actually all good. I was just confused about what to talk about first. But anyhow I respond back.

"How's the investigation?"

Biting her inner cheeks, which she usually does when she is anxious or nervous, she nods, 

"Well, pretty good. You know, just gathering information here and there."

To be honest, no one would get to know that something is off with her. Because of the way she acts and speaks, she sounds too confident and bold. But her non-verbal actions can never fool me. I know for sure, that she is not okay. And I also know why!

"I just dropped by to let you know that I passed Hoseok's camera to his parents," I say, crossing my legs and shifting back on the couch. 

Taking a deep breath, more like she forgot to breathe, she replied, "You didn't have to!"

Now how do I tell her that I wanted to see her? How do I tell her that this is an excuse? Can she really not see my intentions? Does she hate me that much?

"But I wanted to. Also!" I paused before I talk more about her. "Mrs. Jung was asking if you found out about Hoseok's secret collection."

Again, biting her inner cheeks, she wrinkles her eyebrows. I know what she is going to say because I am also investigating the case. More precisely, I am doing it officially.

"I don't think he had such a thing. He was roaming around asking people to help him financially."

I nod agreeing to whatever she says. And there is no doubt, that she is always right. 

"By the way, would you mind checking the CCTV footage of the forest garden near that Retro building?"

"Why? Did you find something peculiar?"

"N-not really. Just check in case you can find something useful." She says, scratching her head. However, it seems like she has more to say. I wait and she adds more.

"Also, can you ask the patrolling team to look around the Rkive University frequently? There is a weird guy roaming around."

I sigh before uttering anything as I need some time to process everything she says. I can definitely understand that she wants that weird guy gone or caught. But indirectly it also means that she has been visiting Rkive a lot working hard on the case. It also means that she has been roaming around in unknown places by herself and it's dangerous.

"Did he do something?" I ask, more in a concerned way.

"Not yet, he has just been following me every time."

"Hana!" I immediately exclaimed in a louder yet soft voice. "Are you serious? Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

Stretching her back a little, she yawns and then responds, shrugging away the concern that I just showed.