1.1 - canteen.

Choice : School Canteen

Class passed by like it's nothing. Rue had taken down notes for important things and the rest just went in one ear and out in the other. He gave all his weight on his hand that her rested on, with his eyes giving in as well. It was just the start of lunch break, all he wanted right now is to sleep.

But Gian said no when they tapped his shoulder, causing him to hop off his seat in surprise. He heard them chuckle and he looked over, and they were gesturing to go outside. Rue, being Rue when it came to Gian, couldn't say no. With a sigh, he stood up and got dragged to the hallways with Gian's arm over their shoulder.

"Where do you wanna go eat?" They asked and casually swayed as they walked. Rue hummed for a while and nudged them gently to stop it, muttering that it made him dizzy. "Let's go to the canteen, I wanna get some soda there." They raised a brow in confusion, but began leading the way. "Why not outside?" 

Rue shrugged, "Something about the sodas in the canteen hit different, man."  "I'd ask how even, but then again, you're the one who loves blueberry-pineapple juice." A smile grew on his face with a laugh and he held to their arm, "Yeah, yeah whatever. It's your treat."

"Oi! My treat?!" 

Whilst Gian exclaimed and complained about him, Rue casually ignored him by just keeping on saying random things to go off topic. As for example... "Hey, isn't that Cerys there?-" Rue pointed to a random direction, in hopes to fool them as a joke, but coincidentally, she is there. They immediately whipped their head to where they pointed, as if their parental instincts rang.

Said instincts were right, because Nico decided to be a BITCH. Well, that's what Gian's instincts yelled the moment they caught that bastard in their vision. They couldn't hear the conversation, but they could feel Nico's presence towering over Cerys' meek stature. Gian was going to charge in and they were held back by their friend, as per usual.

They turned their head back as they opened their mouth to say something to Rue, but he spoke first, "We'll go comfort her after he leaves. This is the canteen, Gian, let the people have a peaceful lunch before you can even throw hands again." Normally, they would argue, but what held them back is that angry undertone you could barely hear in his voice.

Gian sighed and stood back up properly, and Rue led them to the canteen counter. He looked back to them and their eyes remained focused on Cerys and Nico. But they immediately looked back to him when they felt something warm hold their hand. They met their eyes, and they were the color of the pitch cold black. Of course, that wasn't true. 

After all, it was like charcoal - warm as it helps to keep something ablaze. It was like the charcoal of the burning wood used to make a cosy fire for winter nights.

Okay, stop being cheesy, Gian thought to themselves as they squeezed his hand, which brought a smile to Rue's face. "Is there anything you wanna get?" He finally spoke, after that extended awkward but also not-awkward silence. "I'll get a ham sandwich then."  And so they told their order with hands still weaved together tightly. 

After a while had passed, Rue patted Gian who was busy snacking on their sandwich. He gestured to where they have been keeping an eye on. Nico had left, and it looks like Cerys was about to as well. "Hey," they poked Rue, "Am I seeing things or what?" 

They pointed to a faint shadow beside her, who she seemed to be talking to, Rue looked at it and stared, then blinked before shrugging, "Nope." "Hoe-" they cleared their throat and shook their head, "Ah, well, whatever. Y'wanna go ahead and check up on her, I'll go buy something for her. Unless you wanna stick then that's fine with me too."

• • •

[CHOICES]

- Check up on Cerys...

- Stay with Gian...

• • •

(sup homies, welcome to an update after almost 3 months.)