06

I sit with Stiles and Scott at the sheriff's station as we wait for Noah to come out and talk to us about the whole situation with Derek. 

"I don't know why I need to be here," I say with a sigh and Stiles's jaw clenches in annoyance.

"Are you not the one that suggested getting inside his mind?" Stiles asks without looking at me. 

I let out a huff. "Well, if he's seen the ruins on the house I think he already knows," I say and Scott turns to glare at me. 

"Just stay positive," Scott says his tone tight. 

"You always were a glass half full kinda gal," I say with a yawn and both of my ex-best friends turn to me with a glare. 

"Just once could you-" Stiles starts, clearly irritated, but he's interrupted. 

"Don't finish that sentence, son," Says a voice and I turn to Noah with a grin as I stand up and hug him. 

"Hey, Noah!" I say grinning and he smiles when I pull back from him. 

"I missed having you around this summer, Malena, to reign these two twats in. Have a nice vacation?" Noah says with a friendly smile and I nod.

"It was certainly eye-opening, to say the least," I say with a small look over my shoulder to Scott and Stiles who are both glowering at me again. "But I'm back with the gang now!" I say as I sit down in between Stiles and Scott and throw my arms out over their shoulders. "And I can't wait to do some meddling." I snicker as I squeeze their shoulders. 

Stiles shrugs my arm off his shoulder and looks at his dad. "So?" He asks, sounding nervous. 

Noah holds up a hand as though to silence Stiles and he looks taken aback. "I want you to be honest with me, absolutely and completely honest." He pauses as he looks at us all. "Have you been time travelling?" He asks with a sigh. 

I let out a choked sort of laugh.

"Hang on, dad, what?" Stiles asks as confused as Sheriff looks. 

"Because if time travelling is real... You know what? I'm done. I'm out. You're going to be driving me to Eichen House." Noah says exasperatedly and I let out a snort. 

"Trust me, from firsthand experience, Eichen is not somewhere you want to spend your summer holidays," I say with a small smirk, Scott shoves me and I glare at him. 

"We found him like that," Scott says with a shrug. 

"Where? Swimming in the fountain of youth?" Noah asks, sounding close to hysterics. 

"No," I said grinning as I look at Stiles.  "They found him buried in a tomb of wolfsbane in an Aztec temple in Mexico underneath a church in the middle of a town that was destroyed by an earthquake."

Stiles glares at me. 

"You told me you were camping!" Noah says flabbergasted.

Stiles looks like he's trying to cover his ass. "Yea we were!" He pauses. "In Mexico." He continues and I snicker. 

Scott glares at me and I hold up my hands in a defenceless manner. "Derek's been aged backwards, he can't remember anything. We just need to talk to him." Scott says sighing.

"Yeah, well, so far, he's not talking to anybody," Noah says as he shakes his head. 

I clear my throat. "He'll talk to me," I say somewhat confidently and Noah raises an eyebrow at me. 

"Not that I'm not aware of your..." Noah pauses as he smiles at me. "Persuasion skills. But, he's not talking to anyone sweetheart." 

I smile as I feel my power flash quickly through my stomach, the effect of my eyes changing colour not going unnoticed by Noah as I smirk. "He'll talk to me. Trust me, Noah."