Scott is standing outside the boy's gymnasium at Beacon Hills High waiting with Derek Hale and me. My foot is propped up against the wall as I stifle a yawn.

"Why am I here again?" I ask, looking at my cuticles.

Derek scoffs but doesn't respond.

"Because you can get in his head if this goes wrong," Scott says sighing, "Which is most likely going to happen."

I look up and raise an eyebrow. "What exactly are you planning, Scotty?" I ask.

Scott's eyes flash as he looks at me. "Don't call me that." He hisses.

Derek coughs, "Can you both get over yourselves?" He asks shaking his head.

"Whatever," I say leaning back in the chair again.

We wait and watch as all of the boys in the gym filter out one by one until finally, all I can hear left is Mason and Liam.

"...And then there's this other dud man. He's been acting strange. Running to school for no reason. Disappearing at parties. He's used to be my best friend..." Mason asks.

I listen to the conversation and snicker. "Reminds me of someone I used to know," I say looking at Scott.

He ignores me as he continues listening.

"And, he's apparently on fucking steroids!" Mason says alarmed and I snort again at the similarities.

I hear a sudden movement from Liam. "What?" He asks confused.

"You're not actually going to lift that, are you?" Mason asks, I can imagine his face as he looks down at the weights. "Are you all right? I mean, is it about the game tonight?"

"I'm fine. It's just a scrimmage." Liam says.

I make a talking gesture with my hands as the conversation continues taking an endless torrent between the pair.

Scott slaps my hand down as he continues to try and listen.

"...I mean, no. I guess I missed the announcement." He says and I hear him go to his locker. "Liam...It's your old school Davenport Prep."

Derek nudges for us to go into the room.

I watch as Liam is still looking for his stick in his locker as Derek rounds the corner, the lacrosse stick in his hands.

"Is this yours?" He asks, smirking.

I can't help but smile a little, Derek Hale was so hot.

Derek snaps the stick and Liam's eyes flash golden as he tears at Derek.

Scott turns the other corner and sighs. "Liam..." He says trailing off and I walk around behind him.

"Hello," I say smiling.

"You two were right. He is angry," Derek says dropping the stick.

Scott pulls the stick from behind his back. "This one's yours. Get to class, Liam." Scott says and he shakes his head.

I snort and Derek smiles. Scott glowers at us both.

"What?" He snaps.

Derek just shakes his head and smiles wider. "You're going to be good at this." He says and I smile.