07

Stiles and I drive back to Scott's house with Derek sitting in the backseat. None of us says anything on the ride there, the tension in the car is so thick I can almost feel, myself drowning in it.

"Sti-" I start but he holds up a hand to cut me off and I fall silent.

"Not now, Malena. I don't have time for your bullshit." He snaps and I hear Derek in the backseat intake a sharp breath.

I feel a sharp stab hit my stomach and I glare at Stiles. "Fuck you." I snap back and Stiles glares at me.

"You know what? This is my fucking car. I can make you get out." He sneers and I roll my eyes.

"Try me, fucker. I think you forget I can literally get inside of your mind and make you do what I want." I say and to demonstrate my point I make the car swerve Stiles tenses.

"Five bucks on the lady with purple eyes." I hear Derek say from the backseat and I snicker.

"See? Even the kid knows." I say and Stiles lets out a huffed breath.

"Whatever." He sneers and his body language tells me he won't say anything else.

I look in the rearview mirror and see Derek looking at me. I send him a wink and his lips turn up a little in a small smile.

"We're going to wait here for Scott," Stiles says as we walk up the stairs and I drop my bag down on the table near the front door, Derek trailing behind us both. "We're going to sit quietly. We're not going to call or talk to anyone." He says forcefully and I roll my eyes.

"Do I talk to you?" Derek asks and I laugh.

Stiles huffs. "No."

"Do I talk to you?" Derek asks looking over his shoulder at me.

I grin as I look at Stiles. "Sure thing."

Stiles's jaw clenches and he turns away from us both and I smile as we walk up the steps.

"Who's going to talk to him?" I hear Derek ask and then Stiles lets out a yell and I run up the steps to see what the problem is.

"Are you getting taller?" I hear Stiles ask and as I run in the door I see none other than Scott's jackass father Rafael.

"Are you kidding me? You're back?" I ask before I can stop myself.

Rafael turns to me with an upset expression on his face. "Hey, Malena. It's been a while." He says in what I presume is a friendly tone.

"Not long enough." I hiss and Stiles elbows me in the stomach.

Rafael puts his hands in his pockets as he studies us. "What are you guys doing here?" He asks and I look at Stiles with no response plausible in my mind.

"Yeah, so am I. We're supposed to have dinner. I brought extra. You guys hungry?" Rafael asks and I shake my head. Derek doesn't seem to get the message.

"Yeah-" He starts but Stiles cuts him off.

"No. We're not hungry." Stiles snaps and Derek sends him a look.

" No, I'm starving-" Derek says but I interrupt him.

"None of us are hungry! Thanks, Rafael, but we're going to go wait in Scott's room." I say as I grab Derek by the shoulder and Stiles's arm.

"Okay... Well, if two aren't hungry, your friend can still eat with us." Rafael says and Derek breaks my grasp on his arm and turns towards Rafael.

Rafael studies him. "What's your name?" He asks and I sigh as I turn around.