𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟏.

{𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘 𝗦𝗞𝗜𝗣}
"Look at me for a second."
Heejin had just left to boil some water to make the three of them some tea while they watched a drama together. The person beside Yerin spoke, to which Yerin took her eyes off the phone in her hand and laid it down on the silky blanket sheets.
Hyunjin had her head rested on Yerin's shoulder, with Yerin's arm hooked around her waist.
Looking up from the screen, she found the other girl's face to be so much closer to hers than she expected.
"Unnie, are you ok?"
The younger girl asked, her tone was hushed, and her breathing gradually got shallow as she felt Hyunjin's breath fanning against her neck.
"Don't tell Jeon Heejin."
"What-"
Before Yerin even got the chance to ask what the older girl meant, she felt a rush of helplessness overwhelm her as she was enticed by the idol's lips that were being attached to her own. Finally pulling away, the two stared into the other's eyes, as they heaved a breath that they were both holding.
"Jinnie there's no jasmine tea. Can I just give you peppermint?"
The oblivious girl still in the kitchen, called out to her long-time friend.
"Yeah, whatever."
Hyunjin responded, her eyes never leaving the girl who was seated in front of her, with her back pressed up against the sofa.
"What? YA SPEAK LOUDER."
The same voice from the kitchen made Hyunjin immediately roll her eyes.
"I SAID YEAH SURE."
...
At some point during the drama, both girls beside Yerin had fallen asleep. Heejin was curled up in the corner of the sofa, her legs rested on Yerin's thighs and Hyunjin had her head laid back on the edge of the sofa. Yerin gently lifted Heejin's feet off her legs and rested them beside Hyunjin so she could find the remote to turn the Tv off. While Yerin was wandering around barefoot on the cold wooden floor, she didn't realise the one girl rubbing her eyes with the back of her hand trying to adjust her vision to see what was happening around her. Eventually, she found the remote tucked away under the blanket that was covering the mattress on the floor that Hyunjin was originally supposed to sleep on that night. Unknowingly, the one girl was still watching her with their eyes barely open.
"That took you a while."
Yerin jumped at the sudden voice and froze.
"Sorry, I didn't mean to wake you."
"You didn't. It was funny to watch you searching for the remote."
The girl confessed and covered her mouth to stifle a yawn.
"You could've helped."
Yerin deadpanned at the girl that instead shrugged her shoulders.
"Do you like her?"
Heejin suddenly asked amidst the silence.
"Who?"
Heejin signalled to the girl sleeping soundly, tiny snores leaving her mouth every so often.
"I don't know."
Heejin nodded slightly, both girls were now looking in the direction of the sleeping girl.
"Why are you both staring at me?"
...
"Ya Seo Yerin. Stop avoiding me."
"I'm not avoiding you."
The girl stood in front of Hyunjin said, whilst still avoiding any sense of eye contact.
"Hmm sure, you're not. I know what you're going to say. So let's just leave it as a one-time thing."
The oldest suggested.
"So we're friends ... again?"
"Stupid. We were always still friends."
Hyunjin laughed and pulled Yerin into a hug, while they both walked out of the BBC building together.
"You know, it felt nice though. To kiss you."
Yerin said, causing Hyunjin to immediately hit her back as they were walking.
"I'll do it again if you don't shut up."
"Go. I dare you."
Yerin cockily bent her knees to be at eye level with Hyunjin.
"Oh my god Stop. What is wrong with you?"
Hyunjin turned her head away, embarrassed.

{𝗧𝗜𝗠𝗘 𝗦𝗞𝗜𝗣}
𝙹𝚊𝚗𝚞𝚊𝚛𝚢, 𝟸𝟶𝟷𝟿
Yerin found herself pulled into the office with PD making discussions regarding her future with Blockberry Creative. There was an option where she could continue as a soloist but the company had a high risk of being in even more debt if Yerin became unsuccessful. Otherwise, another option would be to let her go. She was the only trainee during that time, as they only scouted for Olivia Hye to fill in the 12th Loona member spot.

"How much time do I have to consider my options?"
...
Around a couple of months ago in late 2018, a JYP scout had cast her on the street and had given her a contact card in case. During that time, Yerin had no thoughts or intentions regarding leaving Blockberry Creative. The thought of her not debuting in this company did enter her mind more times than she would personally like to admit, but she was still extremely reluctant to leave. She wanted to stay close to them. All 12 of them. They were her family, and they considered her family too.