𝐂𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐭𝐞𝐫 𝟕.

"Has anyone seen Yerin?"
Yves lifted her head from the script she was reading only to receive shrugs around the room.
She averted her eyes towards Jinsol that simply scowled and shook her head as well.

A couple moments later, the girl walked into the practice room alongside Soeun that had Yerin's hand in hers.
"Soeun-ah!"
Chuu leapt up from where she was sitting to hug Soeun tightly.
Jinsol faced the girl and scowled once more, continuing to play with the lyric sheet in her hand.
"Where did you go?"
Heejin asked her best friend.
"PD wanted us to meet a potential new trainee."
Soeun beamed, shaking Yerin's arm to get her to elaborate.
"She's an 05. Super tall and definitely visual."
Yerin expressed the last part.
Soeun nodded her head alongside Yerin.
"You guys will definitely like her."

The two girls ended up sitting together in the circle the 11 other girls had made. Soeun was playing with Yerin's fingers in her lap whilst Chuu chose to sit between her legs.
Jinsol peered up to hesitantly look across where Yerin was seated but instead locked eyes with Choerry that glanced over at the three girls that seemed extremely close in that moment.
Jinsol suddenly stood up, everyone around stopped to stare at her.
"Going somewhere?"
Kim Lip asked.
"Bathroom."
She said in a monotonous voice and walked out by herself.
Yerin carefully loosened her grip on Soeun's hand and stood up.
"Yeah.. me too."
The moment Yerin was out of view to the other girls she headed straight to the bathroom only to find that it was empty.
"Liar."
She mumbled and instead headed to Jinsol's room where she found the girl at her desk with headphones over her ears.
She quietly shut the door behind her, before walking over towards the girl and pulling the headphones from her ears slowly.
The girl flinched almost immediately and turned her chair around to see the last person she expected, surprisingly.
"What are you-"
"Shouldn't you be with Soeun?"
Jinsol scoffed, interrupting what the girl had said behind her.
Yerin's eyes twinkled as she came to a realisation of what was going on.
That older girl. She was jealous.
"At least she wanted my company."
Jinsol went quiet at the sudden remark.
"I want it too..."
Jinsol mumbled, in a small voice.
"What was that?"
"Nothing."
The older girl stood up from her chair and walked over to her bed, sighing as she sat down.
"By the way she was touching you. It seemed as if you two were dating."
Jinsol clenched her jaw.
"I- we're just friends."
"She was touching you as if you guys were about to do something right there and then!"
She raised her voice and for once, Yerin was glad that these rooms were soundproof.
"She's my friend! Unnie. Why can't you understand that I only like you."
Yerin furrowed her eyebrows before audibly gulping.
Jinsol heaved a sigh and exited the room, leaving Yerin alone.
...
The past few days had been pretty awkward. Yerin found herself preoccupied with the duties of looking after the new trainee that quickly became close to Jihyo. Occasionally she would get phone calls from Jungeun and Sooyoung regarding lyrics for star.
Nothing from her.
...
"Yerin."
Yerin spun around at the sound of her name being called and ran towards the girl, pulling her tightly towards her.
The girl, surprised by the younger's actions remained still for a while, before wrapping her arms tightly around her waist.
"I'm sorry."
She mumbled into her chest.
"I'm sorry too."
...
"Fake staff?"
Heejin turned to her best friend that was in her all-black attire wearing a white mask and hat that she stole from Chuu's room a few days ago.
It was considered normal that Yerin would be given permission to follow Loona to their interviews nowdays to learn what being an idol is all about.
That's the excuse she told Pd anyways, but realistically it was because she wanted to see Jinsol in her idol form in person.

She followed the rest of the staff to the background of the set where she saw the 11 girls seated in chairs beginning to get ready for their segment.
Locking eyes with one girl, she winked subtly and stood beside their manager, pretending to be their other manager.
...
While the group were reading the questions, Yerin and their manager were also trying to guess who they think would act or be most likely to in certain situations.
"Ha, I'm winning."
Yerin snarked.
...