Ditching

Max and I spent the next two hours in an arcade that she loves. It was fun. We played Miss Pac Man, which Max won every single time. We even bought milkshakes. I don't think I'll regret this after all.

"Y/n!" I choked on my milkshake as I heard a familiar voice behind me. I slowly turned around to meet my dear brother. I innocently smiled at him. "Are you shitting me right now?!" He approached. "Tell me why I barely make it to work before I'm getting a call from mom, telling me that the school counselor called her, saying that you have not yet made it to your second period." He looked behind me at the redhead, who was standing in front of a Miss Pac Man machine.

"Max!" He shouted.

"Yeah?" She turned to look at who had called her, but when she found Steve by the door, she immediately cursed to herself.

"This is your doing?" He asked her.

"Do you want the ugly truth or the pretty lies?" She asked him as she took off the headphones.

"Truth."

"It's my doing." She nodded, confirming Steve' suspicions. My brother ran a hand through his hair in frustration before opening the door to the arcade. He waited for a few seconds, but when no one moved, he looked back at Max and I.

"LET'S GO!" He shouted. Max and I rushed to where Steve had the door open. He got us into his car and drove us back to school. Max and I sat at the back, our silence filling the car.

I could feel Steve look at me through the front mirror. He was dying to say something, but he sustained.

"What?" I asked for him.

"You're not one to ditch from school, Y/n." The car stopped in front of the school. The counselor already at the door, waiting for Max and I. "What's gotten into you?" He asked. I looked away from the mirror, not wanting to get scolded like a five year old, who used sharpie on their mother's clothes.

I unbuckled my seatbelt and opened the car door. Max did the same, and without answering Steve's question, I walked to the counselor, who waited at the door.

"Very disappointing, Girls." She shook her head. "Follow me, please." Max looked at me, her eyes rolling. As we followed the counselor to her office. We took our seats on the other side of the desk as she took her own seat. "Girls... This is not okay." She began. She looked straight at Max. "Max, please, put down the headphones." She sighed. Max turned off the song and put the headphones down. The counselor looked at the both of us, contemplating what to do. "Detention." She said.

My eyes almost popped out of my skull. "Excuse me?"

"Detention?!" Max stood from her chair.

"I can't get detention. My parents will murder me." I exclaim.

"Now, now, Girls. Complaining is not going to help you. Please stay after school and go to Mr. Clarkson's classroom for your detention and think next time before you decide to skip class."

Max stormed out of the office. "This is child abuse."

I ran after Max, my breath already getting caught in my throat. I don't have good stamina.

"Max! Wait up!" She stormed into the cafeteria, where everyone was eating lunch.

"I fucking hate her." Max said in rage.

"Let's just forget about it. One detention won't change much. We'll survive." She sat down by an empty table. "Hey, why aren't we sitting with the boys? I thought you were friends."

"We're not allowed to sit there." Max grabbed a paper bag from her back pack. She pulled out an apple, taking a bite.

"We're not allowed?" I raised my brows.

"Are you in the Hellfire club?" She asked, looking up at me.

"No."

"Then you're not allowed." She took another bite out of her apple. I looked up at the other table. They all had matching shirts. I scanned over the table. They were all in that cult. So did that mean that Max had to sit alone everyday?

"Come on." I grabbed her hand. She almost gagged on her apple as I yanked her from her seat.

"What? Where are you taking me?"

"We've officially joined the Hellfire club." I told her as I smiled.

"We have?"

"Yep." I pulled her toward the Hellfire table. When I approached, the eyes of the members of the club turned to us. Without saying anything, I sat down on one of the empty seats. Max took a seat beside me as well. "Hi." I smiled at the members. When my eyes met a member at the end of the table, his eyes were already on me.

"H-Hi." He smiled sweetly at me.

"Hellfire members only-"

"Shut up, Henderson. Don't you see the pretty girl?" He immediately shut Dustin up, never taking his eyes off me. I felt the heat creep up my cheeks. My lips tugged into a small smile. "Hello, Sweetheart. I'm Eddie. And you are?"

"Y/n." I said in awe as I stared at Eddie.

"Beautiful." He cocked his head to the side as he looked at me.

"Has Eddie gone soft?" Lucas whispered to Dustin, although I believe the table on the other side of the cafeteria heard him pretty clearly. Loud mouth.

"Oh, deep down I've always been a softie." Eddie looked at Lucas, the same smile still on his face.

"What have you done to Eddie?" Dustin turned to me, but the only thing he was met with, was my gaze on the leader of the club.