The Cheerleader

I walked out of school with Max, heading for the field.

"Are you sure this is a good idea?" Max asked. She had genuine concern on her face. "I mean... Eddie... he's the weirdo in school that everyone tries to stay away from."

"It'll be fine, Max." I told her. She looked unsure for some reason.

"Okay. Be careful. If you're not in school tomorrow, then I'm calling the police."

I laughed. "Alright. You do that. Bye, Max." I gave her a wave. She nodded, heading her own way.

Looking around, I tried to spot Eddie somewhere. But I couldn't see him. I slightly jumped when I heard a noise coming from the woods. I turned quickly, only to be met with the green trees.

"Eddie?" I stepped forward, trying to peek through the trees.

"Yeah?" A voice behind me startled me. My heart raced as I turned to find Eddie there.

"Jesus, Eddie." I held a hand to my chest. "You almost gave me a heart attack." I panted.

"Sorry." He smiled. "Come on. I'm taking you somewhere safe." He took my hand in his, pulling me toward the woods.

"In the woods?" I asked.

"Trust me. No one will find us there."

Eddie's POV.

As I pulled Y/n toward the woods, I heard movement coming from it. We got closer and there was Chrissy looking away into the distance.

"Who's that?" I heard Y/n's voice behind me.

"That's Chrissy. This is my first time dealing with her." We neared Chrissy when all of a sudden she jumped backwards, bumping into me. She let out a yell before she turned, noticing me and Y/n.

"Woah. Hey, hey, hey. Sorry. Didn't mean to scare you." I chuckled. "God, I'm scaring everyone today." Only then did I notice her traumatized state. "You okay?"

She slowly took a look behind her. I followed her stare, not knowing what she was looking at.

"Hey, why don't we just take a seat, yeah?" I asked her as I pointed to the picnic table. When she didn't answer, I looked back at Y/n. She was also trying to see what Chrissy was looking at.

"I thought I saw..." Chrissy began. She was unable to get any words out as she stared into the distance.

Y/n and I looked between each other before she slowly stepped up to Chrissy, a kind smile shimmering on her face.

"Chrissy." Y/n's soft voice called Chrissy's attention. "Come and sit with me." She gently took Chrissy's hand, pulling her aside to where the picnic table was. She looked shaken up. I couldn't help but to feel uneasy at the surroundings as I tried to look for whatever traumatized Chrissy.

"Alright." I sat down on the other side of the table as Y/n and Chrissy remained together on one side. I pulled out my dealer box and put it on the table. "There's, uh, nothing to worry about, okay? No one ever comes out here. We're safe. I promise." I opened up the dealer box, revealing all my sweets.

"So... how does this work exactly?" Chrissy mumbled.

"Oh, it's like any other old sale, except, cash only, and for obvious reasons, no receipts." I explained. "I'll do you a half ounce for... 20. What do you say? Plenty of bang for your buck. Should last you a while." I waited for her answer, but she quickly jumped, looking back as the tree branches cracked, only to find a squirrel scurrying up a tree.

I sighed. "Look, we don't need to do this. Just give me the word and Y/n and I will be on our way."

"No it's not that. I don't want you to go." She breathed. "It's just... do you ever feel like... you're losing your mind?"