Skull Rock

Eddie's POV.

"Dustin, can you hear me? Wheeler?" I spoke into the talky, hoping that there was someone on the other end of the line.

"Eddie, holy shit. Are you okay?" Dustin spoke back.

"Nah, man. Pretty goddamn far from okay." I clenched my jaw.

"Where are you?"

"Skull rock. Do you know it?" I asked him.

"Uh, yeah. It's near Cornwallis and-"

"Garrett. Yeah, I know where that is." Steve cut him off.

Y/n jumped up at the sound of Steve's voice through the talky.

"We're on our way." Dustin turned off his talky.

"Was that Steve?" Y/n asked. I nodded.

"They're on their way. We just have to hold on for a little while." I spoke softly as she lay her head on my shoulder again.

"Isn't this a make-out spot?" She asked.

I felt a smile crawl up on my face. "It is. Why do you ask? Are you thinking of something?" I looked down at her, a smirk indeed showing itself on my face.

"No. It's just Steve has told me many stories of him and his dates here." She commemted, the smirk falling from my face. "Once, his date, I think her name was Tania, she vomited after making out with Steve. He pestered me for days on the phone, asking if it was his fault. Asking if he should've taken another breath mint or something." She laughed. I looked down at her, the smile crawling back on my face. How did I land her? She's so random. She has intense issues and can't handle drugs one bit, yet she's flawless. There's a saying...

Nobody's perfect.

"Turns out she had liver disease." She continued her random story, which only proved my point.

"You're perfect." I told her, kissing her lips. She looked up at me.

"Were you even listening?"

"Of course, I was." I nodded. "I listen to everything you say, no matter if it's nonsense." I told her. She immediately blushed, a shy smile creeping on her face. She giggled, pecking my cheek.

"Stop that, Y/n."

"Stop what?"

"Stop kissing me on the cheek." I said. She blinked, not knowing what to say. "On the lips." I wiped my thumb over her bottom lip.

"You're getting all..." She looked down, trying to find the right word. "High."

"High?" I questioned. "I haven't done drugs in days. You on the other hand smoked-..." I trailed off my speaking as I noticed that she wasn't listening to me. She was looking down at my pants. I looked at them, trying to find what she was looking at, and then I realized. "Oh!" I covered myself with my hands. "High... I see what you mean."

She laughed. "I'm just lucky that I don't have a penis. I'd be 'high' all the time. In fact, I'd be 'high' right now." She mumbled, giving me a look.

I furrowed my brows at her. "You trying to tell me something?"

"Nope. Nothing." She shrugged before smiling innocently as if she hadn't just made me 'higher' or whatever she said earlier.

"Ah, okay." I sat on a rock. She sat beside me. The air between us was filled with silence.

"I'm getting bored of waiting." She mumbled. As was I. The only thing we could do was listen to the birds argue, listen to the wind rush, and the trees wrestling.

"We could-"

"Don't even think about it." She said as she stared into the distance, not even looking at me as she spoke. She immediately shut me up.

"Or maybe we can-"

"No, Eddie."

"But what if we-"

"That almost left my back broken."

"Okay, but what about-"

"Couldn't walk for three hours." She looked at me, still not over that one. "It hurt." She mumbled softly.

"I already said I'm sorry." I rose my arms in defeat.

"I still have that bruise." She said, making me curious. I turned her around, lifting up her shirt, seeing the huge bruise on her back. "That's your fault." She commented, rubbing her back softly. I really did feel bad. I won't explain how that happened, but... let's just say I'm not a bottom.

"I'm sorry, Sweetheart." I kissed her bruise.

Y/n's POV.

After a long wait, I saw Steve in the distance. "Steve?" He finally looked up at me. "Steve!" I ran to him, my arms wrapping around his torso. He hugged me back tightly, not wanting to let go of me.

"Max told me what happened. Are you okay?" He kissed my head, still holding me close.

"Max? Is she here? Did she come? Is she okay?" I looked around frantically.

"Slow down, Y/n. She's here, okay? She's fine. She's alright. But are you... alright?" He took me by my shoulders, gaining my attention.

"I'm okay. I'm okay now that you guys are here." He nodded in relief, tugging me back into another tight hug. We stayed in each other's embrace until he broke the silence.

"Y/n?"

"Yes?" I spoke into his chest.

"Why do you smell like weed?"

Shit. My eyes almost bulged out of my skull. I turned to look at Eddie, but he only turned away from me, pretending that he wasn't listening to me and my brother's conversation.

"What do you mean?" I asked Steve, faking an expression of innocence.

"Don't bullshit me, Y/n."

"I'm not bullcrapping you."

He looked at me suspicioulsy, debating if he should or shouldn't trust me. "If you say so." He mumbled, still keeping a close eye on me.

"It doesn't make any sense." I heard a familiar voice behind me. I turned to see Dusting with a confused look on his face as he looked between a compass and the big Skull Rock.

"Hey, Dustin." I waved.

"Hey, Harrington." He said back as he messed with the compass. "Heard you almost died. Busy while we were gone, were you?" I laughed at this.

"Very funny." I turned to look at my brother, but I was met with someone else. "Max, are you okay?"

She nodded, a weak smile appearing. "Are you?" She asked.

"As long as all of you are okay, than I'm okay."