The Rides

Y/n's POV.

"Eddie! Go slower!!" I shouted from the back of the bike.

"Y/n, I haven't even started paddling." He answered. "And why do you not let go of the video camera. Do you really need it?"

"Memories." I mumbled, bringing the camera tighter to my body as if he was going to snatch it from me.

"Whatever you say, Sweetheart." He said as he was about to start paddling.

"Wait, wait, wait!" I panicked.

"Y/n, for the love of God." Steve sighed.

"You know what, I'll walk." I tried getting off the bike, only for Eddie to hold onto me.

"I won't let you fall, I promise." Eddie reassured.

"I still don't get it." Steve mumbled. "You're 16 and you don't know how to ride a bike?"

"Excuse me?" I furrowed my brows.

"No, no, I don't mean to offend you, it's just-"

"That's not what I'm talking about... What I'm talking about is... you just said I'm 16."

"Yeah?" He questioned.

"Steve are you serious?" I crossed my arms. "Do you know when I was born?"

"...No?"

"Steve, I'm almost 18."

He took a second before replying. "Sorry, say that again."

"I turn 18 in a month."

He blinked at me, a slight look of panic on his face. "WHAT?!" He shouted. "But- but you and max are taking the same class!"

"That's right. The same class. But we aren't in the same grade." I corrected him.

"Woah, woah, woah, WHAT?! But you were born like... yesterday."

"Steve! I failed 7th grade science twice! I'm only now attending 9th grade science. The same class as Max. But I'm in 12th grade."

"Can we skip this?" Nancy interrupted. "This isn't the right moment or place to be discussing this."

"Yeah, I agree. Let's go." Robin joined. Before any of us could say anything else, Eddie had started paddling. I grabbed onto him, afraid to fall of the bike.

***

"Right here!" Eddie exclaimed as he rode on the bike like a maniac.

"Eddie!" I grabbed onto him. He stopped in front of his trailer, helping me off the bike.

"That's gotta be a Guinness World Record. Most miles traveled interdimentionally." Robin commented while Steve basically choked to death beside her.

"I just inhaled a bunch of that crap. It's stuck in my throat."

We all approached the trailer before walking in. Just as we thought, there was the gate on the ceiling. Red and gross, just like the one in the lake.

"Goddamn."

"This is where Chrissy died." Said Eddie.

"Like, right where she died." I continued, Chrissy's last moments stuck in my mind.

"I think there's something in there." I heard Robin. Looking back up at the gate, I saw something. Like a pointy object trying to break through the thick skin of the gate.

"What the hell is that?"

Suddenly, the gate burst open. Robin threw herself at me, scared for her life. I looked at her, smirking at the action.

"Don't worry, baby, I got you." I winked.

"For fuck's sake, Y/n." Eddie shook his head at me.

Steve, as always, was the first one to step up to the danger and started approaching the gate. "No way." He looked up. I followed after him and followed his line of view.

"This can't be happening." I said as I met eyes with Lucas, Dustin, Max and another girl who I didn't know. But one thing was messing with my head. They were upside down. Hanging from... the ceiling?

"Hi there." Dustin waved as he laughed.

"Hi." We all said back, smiling brightly.

"Holy shit, this is trippy."

"Alright. How are we going to get there?" I asked.

"Oh, I already had something planned." Said Dustin. "Lucas, get the mattress." He ordered as he went to get something else. They all came back, Dustin holding sheets that he had tied together to make a rope, and Lucas holding a mattress. I looked closer at the mattress... and then I looked at Eddie.

"Eddie..."

"I'm ashamed of it. Don't bring it up." He looked away from me, his face turning red.

"Eddie, it's okay."

"I have bad dreams sometimes."

"It happens to everyone, honey." I kissed his cheek.

"Not quite sure how these physics are gonna work. But, uh... here goes nothing." Dustin threw the rope up... or down in my case, making it hang from both his and my side. "Alright. Pull on it. See if it holds."

Robin grabbed the rope, pulling on it. Perfect. It held perfectly. "Guess I'm the guinnea pig." She commented, approaching the rope. She hoisted her body onto it and made her way through the gate and dropped onto the mattress. "Thank God." She chcukled. "That was fun."

"Ooh, me next. Me next." I grabbed the rope and pulled myself up, halfway through the gate, I stopped to catch my breath. "Oh this is so weird. Gravitiy is pulling on my head but also my feet." I continued my way through the gate and landed on the mattress.

"Alright. I guess I'll go." Eddie made it through the gate as well, landing beside me. "That... was fun."

I smiled, getting up before extending my hand to help him up as well.

"Nancy?" I heard Steve's voice. I looked up at them. "Nancy?! Nancy!"

"Oh my god." I whispered as I realized what was happening.

"Nancy!" Steve panicked.

"Uh..." I looked around, trying to find a solution. "Music. We need music. Eddie, find something!" I shouted.

Eddie rushed into his bedroom, the rest of us following after him. We all began rummaging through Eddie's drawers trying to find anything. Opening one of Eddie's drawers I found lots of tapes. I started to go through them. "Okay, do you think she might like AC/DC? Black Sabbath maybe? Deep purple? Led Zeppelin?"

"I don't think Nancy is that kind of a person, Y/n." Robin commented. I handed the tapes over to Robin for her to go through them as I helped Max go through another drawer.

"Oh, look! Van Halen! She's gotta be into Van Halen! Their music is gold." I exclaimed. Max shot me a look that said 'That's not what we're looking for'.

"Steve says you need to hurry up!" The girl from before, walked in, yelling at us to hurry up.

"Yeah, no shit!" Dustin looked around frustarated.

"We're trying! We can't find anything." Max looked through another drawer.

"Seriously, what is all this shit?!" Robin shouted.

"What are you even looking for?!" Eddie got impatient.

"Madonna, Blondie, Bowie, Beatles, Music. We need Music!"

"THIS IS MUSIC!" Eddie yelled, grabbing onto the tape.