A Way Out

Y/n's POV.

Without hesitation, I ran after Max.

"What do you mean?! Are we gonna die?!" I shouted as we ran further into the red mist, panic and adrenaline pacing through me.

"Don't ask questions. Just run." She shouted back.

"What did he do to Eddie?!"

"NO QUESTIONS!" She turned, shouting at me before she turned back to run, only to be met with someting she did not expect. Something the both of us didn't expect. Something that had my bones trembling.

"Oh my God." I started shaking as I looked at Chrissy's body, tied up against some kind of a ledge. Her bones were broken in every single part of her body. She was a beautiful girl, it was almost impossible to think that she could turn into something so frightening to look at.

"How do you like them?" A dark voice boomed behind us. We both turned, seeing exactly who we expected. "Would you like to join them, Girls?"

Max tried running. I was too frozen in place to be able to move. But Max barely got three steps in before the same thing that was wrapped around Chrissy's body, wrapped itself around Max's leg, making her fall. It pulled her towards one of the ledges where the vine tied her up to it.

"Max!" I tried running to her before a vine wrapped around my ankle, pulling me towards a ledge as well. "No!"

"Y/n!" Max choked against the vine around her throat.

"We'll get out of this, Max. Hang on, we can do th-" something wrapped around my throat as well before I was able to finish my sentence. "Agh!" My hands got tied to the side. I heard Max grunt on the other side, struggling against the vines. All of a sudden I heard something... I tried looking around for where it came from, only to find nothing. But who would play Kate Bush in a situation like this?

"They can't help you, Max." Vecna approached her.

"D- don't hurt h- her!" I was barely breathing at this point.

"There's a reason you hide from them." Vecna continued. "You belong here. With me."

Max struggled to say something, but I heard her voice when she said, "you're not really here."

"Oh, but I am, Max... I am." I couldn't see Max, but I could see Vecna raise his hand over her head.

"No... Max." My eyes were starting to shut automatically. I was running out of oxygen.

With the little energy I had left, I kept myself half awake.

"Agh." I heard the dark voice. Max was free to run. She had found her way out of the vines and she was making a run for it. But she was running to me.

"No, Max." I said, with the little energy I had left. "Run."

"Not without you. We'll do this together." She neared me in a hurry, trying her hardest to pull the vines away from my neck.

"No. You don't have much time. Go, Max."

"Y/n, there's a portal. We'll go out together." She said sternly.

My eyebrows twitched together. "Max." I mumbled. She kept trying to get me away from the vines without any success. "What portal?"

"What..." She looked to the side confused. "That one." I followed her view of point.

"I don't see anything." I said, only to remember a second later what that actually ment. "Max... I think that portal that you see is only for you." I mumbled. The realization hit so hard that it made a tear fall down from my tired eyes.

"Y/n." I heard her. I looked up at her, expecting some kind of goodbye. She said my name again, but this time her mouth didn't move as she said it, in fact, it wasn't even coming from her. "Wake up!" The voice shifted to a deeper one. "No! Not you too. Wake up!" I knew that voice. "Please. Please, don't do this. Wake up, please." I slowly turned my head to where I heard the voice coming from. There it was. The portal Max was talking about. And there he was. Eddie.

Max was finally able to untie me from the vines. My body slumping to the ground. I didn't even move when I hit the ground, the little bit of energy having left my body.

"I see it." I mumbled. "I see the portal." A smile krept up my face as Max helped me up. "I can see Eddie."

"What? No, Eddie's not there." She looked the same direction as me. "Wait... what do you see?" She asked me. I opened my eyes wider, staring directly at the portal.

"Uh... I'm in the portal somehow and..." What I was seeing was so hard to believe, that I had to take a second. "I'm... floating." I stated. "And Eddie is... crying." My heart broke at the sight. My eyes watered as I saw his own watering ones. He looked so scared. Panicked. He was screaming up at me to wake up.

'I can hear you.' Was all I wanted to yell back.

"You can't escape me." Vecna's voice was close, but we couldn't see him. That was our cue to run. But I couldn't take a step forward without everything going dark.

"I'll help you." Max slung my arm over her shoulder and balanced my weight onto her, helping me run to the portal. "I think I know what's going on." She said. "We're seeing the same portal, but from different point of views. You're seeing it from where you are. And I'm seeing it from where I am."

"So what do we do?"

"Go through the portal." She said. I was in such state of invulnerability that I didn't question it. And could it get any worse? It was either do what Max said or get caught by Vecna for him to kill me with a painfully.

"Okay." I nodded. "Let's do it."