Hiding

Max's POV.

"Chrissy Cunningham?" Dustin kept pacing back and forth. "Are you sure it was Chrissy?"

"Yes. She was in her cheerleader outfit, same thing I saw her in when she was with Eddie and Y/n."

"Did you tell all this to the cops?" He asked.

"No." I told him. "No, but I can't be the only one who saw all of them together. I mean, they stood out."

"Eddie the freak and Y/n the new one with Chrissy the cheerleader?" He kept on questioning everything. But he had a right to question. Even though I saw them go into that trailer, it was still hard for me to believe it myself.

"Exactly. You know, their names are not on the news yet or anything, but I guarantee, Eddie is suspect number one right now."

"What, no way! What about Y/n? You said she was there as well."

"No. Y/n wouldn't do something like that."

"How would you know?" He asked. "You've known her for less than 24 hours."

"I just know, okay? Y/n... she's too sweet, you know. She wouldn't hurt anyone."

"But I'm telling you this, Max. Eddie didn't do this. No way."

"We can't rule it out."

"Yes, we can."

"Dustin!"

"You don't know him like I do, Max."

Even though I knew that Y/n and Eddie were the only ones in that trailer when Chrissy died, I still believed that none of them had done it. I had seen crazy shit in the past, and so had Dustin. The both of us knew that Eddie and Y/n weren't capable of doing something like that. So who did?

"Okay. Fine. But it doesn't look good for Eddie or Y/n. I know for a fact that other people probably saw Eddie and Y/n walk into that trailer wirh Chrissy, and they've probably gone whispering to the cops about it. We have to do something, Dustin." He finally sat down on his bed.

"Why haven't you told the cops this?"

"I don't know." I mumbled back at him, looking down at the floor.

"You don't know?"

I took a seat beside Dustin, getting ready to explain what I saw.
"After I saw them go into the trailer... something else happened."

"What, Max?! What happened?"

"Remember when the lights started to flicker whenever anything from the upside down was close?"

Without me saying any more details, he understood what I was going on about. He knew everything I was trying to say.

"And then I heard something. Screaming. It was Y/n." I explained. "Both of them ran out of the trailer and into Eddie's van. He drove off quickly. Nothing that weird or anything. I mean, Eddie always drives like a maniac, and the power goes off at my place all the time. It's a piece of shit, but this morning... I started to think back and, uh... I don't know. The look on their faces..." I turned to look at Dustin. "They were scared, Dustin. Really scared."

"You think that... something else killed her?" He looked at me, saying exactly what was on my mind. I nodded.

"But that's impossible, right?"

"I don't know. It should be. There are only two people who know what actually happened."

"Y/n and Eddie."

Steve's POV.

"You know..." I began as I leaned against the counter. "I miss our old job."

"You mean selling ice cream to girls that had no interest in you?" Robin pointed out as she put my tapes on the counter.