001.

"This is seriously wasting my time," he practically grumbles in disapproval as he walks into his own office, looking as though he were really to gouge his own eyeballs out at what was likely the sixth or seventh interview of the morning, "... at this stage, I think you're purposely sending idiots here just to mock me. Mediocre at best—but even then, they'd be deemed that if I were drunk enough. Which I am certainly not."

10:30AM. Barely.

Jisoo Kim cannot help but laugh at him, rolling her eyes as she places on final file on his desk as he takes a seat, a big sigh exiting from his lips. She was used to seeing him in this state.

"You know, they're all very capable people, but it's you that's the problem. If you weren't so—impossible to work with, maybe finding someone to temporarily replace me wouldn't take two months of preparation," she quips before pointing to the file, "... she's the last one. A little younger, your age. But—she passed the first round with flying colours."

"No," he doesn't bother to look at the file, "... I hate working with people my age."

She agrees with that.

Jisoo Kim always felt as though he were an old soul, perhaps that's why owning one of the biggest breweries felt so fitting for his character.

"Jungkook..." her voice almost acting like a cautionary tale, "... whether you like it or not, I'll be going for one year. I'm legally entitled. Either you find someone, or you suffer for a year."

"I'll manage fine on my own," he mutters bitterly, "... why do you need so much time off? Can't your husband be the one to take care of the baby? What does he do anything? It's the twenty first century, stay at home dads are a thing I've heard— Owh!"

He winces at the feeling of Jisoo Kim's slap across his shoulder.

"You will not survive without extra help," she warns him, "... besides, I think it'll be bad if you're alone."

She admits, that he's not someone that was easy to work with and had it not been for the fact that they'd been friends for so long, as well as her background with wines and spirits, she probably too would run off at the first sign of him. Jisoo Kim knew though, that he was brilliant at what he did and that outside of his cold and bitter demeanour was a good person inside. She knew, because she'd experienced it first-hand albeit it being something that not everyone could experience. Jeon Jungkook looks at his watch before letting out a groan, closer to a growl as he runs his fingers through his hair.

"I have a meeting," he comments, "... schedule an interview with her after that."

Jisoo Kim nods, "... Roseanne Park."

He looks up at her, raising a brow.

"The girl. That's her name, at least try to remember it when you interview her."

Jisoo Kim laughs when she hears him scoffing, getting up from his seat and rushing out the door.

-

The first thing he notices is how small she is when he walks into the room, until of course she stands up with a polite half bow and he notices how tall she really was. From his estimate, she was taller than most girls he knew, especially in heels. He couldn't help but notice how endless her legs flowed, despite being covered in a pencil skirt. She had a champage pink blouse on.

"Good afternoon Mr. Jeon, my name is Roseanne Par—"

Her voice was dainty, almost whimsical in nature.

He admits he likes it, a lot.

"Please save the formalities I don't have much time, just sit down," he points to the seat before sitting down, looking through the file for the first time, "... this won't be long so I hope the travel isn't far for you—"

He pauses.

Looks up in confusion at her, then back at the file.

"You're not from here," his statement sounded more like a challenge than anything, "... Australia?"

She doesn't seem phased at his words, simply smiling with a nod, "... I love wine and my father is in Korea for business for a couple of years so I figured I could make myself useful."

"Your father is in Korea doing...?"

"Food and beverage industry," she responds curtly, a little too quickly, as though it had been rehearsed.

"A chef?" He questions, though it was getting to the stage of the day where he began to feel somewhat indifferent, not caring when she didn't confirm nor deny, "... look, I'm sure you're a great girl, but—I do need someone with experience and at least, someone who's familiar with the Korean culture, geography and so better for an assistant role. I'm sorry that my assistant must have accidentally approved your application, but you're not qualified at all."

By instinct, Jeon Jungkook turns his head away from her, pretending to be distracted.

He can't bear to see women cry, and he'd turned enough people down from the role to know where it goes from here. Only—he doesn't hear her sniffling, or saying anything, instead he hears the sound of her feet moving, chair shifting as he walks confidently, a little too confidently towards the display of red wines.

"I can distinguish the quality of any two wines, based on taste alone," her voice is sleek, as she turns, "... I'm passionate about wine, and damn good at knowing real quality."

He rolls his eyes, calling her on what he thinks if a bluff, "... and how do I know your not just going to luck out when you try two different wines?"

"I won't," she doesn't hesitate, "... I know your 2006 wine was a fluke, it was mixed with the previous years batch, wasn't it?"

He freezes.

Not a single person, except for Jisoo Kim knew.

"That's false," he responds.

"Liar," she responds, "... anyone could taste the difference—or, maybe it's just me. The grape quality fell in 2006, among other wineries in the country too, don't worry—I don't blame you."

Perhaps, it's his frustration or the competitive nature inside him.

"Fine," he reaches for two glasses, "... turn around."

She turns her body away from him.

"Make it difficult," she's almost mocking him now, "... I don't like easy wins."

He pours two glasses before telling her to turn. His eyes watch as she carefully swirls the glass, before smelling it. She puts the glass down.

He wonders if she's really not going to taste the two.

"They're the same wine."

He can't conceal the surprise across his face and in contrast, she seems unbothered.

How could it be?

He hated to admit it, but she was smarter than he was.

"Sit down," he points to the chair as he reaches for a document from the drawer of his table, "... tell me, if you could change something from what we do here, what would it be? Could be design, taste, source of—"

"Easy," she tells him, "... your collection misses a rosé wine."

He gulps.

"I'll never do that, I never mix red wine with white," he informs her before sliding a document in front of her, "... here's your contract, read it carefully and have it signed by tomorrow to Mrs. Kim. She'll help you transition into our office for the next month before she goes on leave."

When she leaves the room, Jisoo Kim walks through the door, expression full of shock.

"Did you really hire h—"

"Shut up," he curses, "... but something's not right about her, I can't put my finger on it."

He reaches for his phone and searches for her name.

Nothing.

"Why doesn't she have social media?" He questions.

Jisoo Kim shrugs her shoulders, "... perhaps she's an old soul too."