025.

Jeon Jungkook is in a lot of trouble.

He knows this because her face turns sour on their way back to Seoul. At first, he thinks it's because she's sad about leaving, or potentially annoyed at the fact that he'd last minute ended their trip short but surely, someone of her calibre understood that some things, especially when it came to work, couldn't be put on hold, right?

It's not until he's in the car ride back from the airport, when she completely ignores him that he realises specifically, that he had done something wrong.

But he still cannot put his finger on it.

"Are you angry?"

Three words only seem to agitate her more, he notices by the way she practically glares at him like a criminal before turning her head and looking out the window.

Jeon Jungkook tries to retrace his steps, wondering where the exact moment it was where he'd obviously made her angry. Was it because he asked the cabin crew for a blanket without requesting one for her? Or was it because he was a little too rough when he carried her suitcase for her through the terminal. He doesn't know.

"Chaeyoung," he blinks in confusion, "... if you don't tell me what I did, then I can't apologise for it."

She doesn't respond, but when the car reaches the front of their building, she simply turns to him and says—with tears in her eyes, "... you should think about how you've been treating me this entire time and how it makes me feel."

Before he could react, she takes her suitcase, thanking the driver before rushing off.

Jeon Jungkook does not understand women.

But he feels guilty, knowing that the trip that he hoped would relax her has obviously caused more stress than before the revelation of her father's crimes.

Damn it!

-

"What's going on between you and Chaeyoung anyway, are you guys getting back together?" Jisoo Kim boldly asks as they look through the contract together, for a brief pre-reading before the lawyers come in.

Jeon Jungkook blinks in surprise. Did she have superpowers? How did she know that they'd gone together on a trip?

"She posted some parts of her trip on social media and well—I knew you were going to your holiday home, right? We're not stupid, Jungkook," she informs him, "... did you guys decide to try again?"

Jisoo Kim always had a way of figuring him out, and he'd always wondered whether she really was always a few steps ahead of him.

"I felt bad, I'm sure you know how much stress she was under. I wanted to show my support as a friend, and also I needed to go back to get some of my things that I'd left when I went there the other day," he tries to rationalise, but by the way that his secretary lifts her brows and rolls her eyes at him, he knows he isn't convincing anyone, "... why? Has she said anything to you?"

Jisoo Kim chuckles, noticing his sudden curiosity.

"Did something happen between you two?" She points to his phone, "... you keep looking as though you're waiting for a text, and from the guilty look on your face and the way you're asking for updates from me, I'm guessing you did something wrong."

Caught red handed.

"I don't know why she's mad," he tells her, "... I'm trying to figure it out."

"She randomly asked me last night, about whether I'd ever consider dating you," she informs him, "... I thought it was weird, but I guess it has something to do with that."

It suddenly hits him.

"Why?" She raises the question, noticing how there seems to be a sudden revelation in his expression, "... what is it?"

"I told her, about the house. How I bought it back not long before you rejected me," he explains, "... I mean, I think it's quite clear that we're not going to date you're very married and have a child and well—you're a sister to me now."

Jisoo Kim groans, "... you're seriously fucking dense, aren't you?"

She gets up from her seat and reaches for her phone before leaving the room.

-

"Hi Chaeyoung, Jungkook told me what happened—look, I don't know what's on your mind but I can assure you, that there is nothing and won't ever be anything between me and him. He's honestly like a little brother to me, you don't need to worry and I'm happily married and have a family. Look—it's not my place to say, but for what it's worth—I think you guys make a great couple, and should be together. He takes some time when it comes to things, a little stupid at times, but he has the right heart. It's just hard for him to open up, because he has been disappointed a lot before."

-

Park Chaeyoung is surprised to see him standing in front of her door.

"I'm sorry," he speaks and she admits, he looks genuinely apologetically, "... I wasn't thinking before when I said what I did."

She's tired.

Her life is in chaos.

The Park name was ruined. Her parents were being annoying. The people in the office couldn't stop gossiping about the charges. Investors and stakeholders were down at her throat for answers.

She didn't have time for more uncertainty.

"Jungkook, I love you," she pauses, wondering why he looks so shocked to hear those words from her, "... and I've made my feelings clear from the beginning, and I stuffed up—I was so caught up in the moment, a moment where I should've defended you out loud. And I life with so much regret every day about that—but you too, have been stringing me along, making me so confused with where we stand. You need to make a choice right now, right here—do you want to be with me? If not, please—just erase me from your memory, because I have too much in my life right now that I can't handle a man who doesn't know what he wants."

very very random and none rk but would you guys like a little flashback to when jungkook got rejected by jisoo hahaha