005.

It was strange for her to be so fascinated by him but not a surprise giving the energy he resonated. Sometimes, she'd find herself in a daze in the middle of the day, where suddenly she's leaned against the back of her chair, staring at his side profile. He was attractive, she'll give him that—soft eyes yet a sharp jawline, full of venom in his words but also a side of gentleness that was reserved only for a few. She heard it first from Jisoo Kim before the older woman left for her leave, that her boss often consolidated her with her relationship troubles early on, and how he'd stay behind and listened as she cried over the death of her grandmother. And then—Roseanne Park experienced it too first hand, in the form of a warm hand intertwined between hers in the midst of the most turbulent skies.

It was at that moment that her heart felt more vulnerable than the plane itself.

But there was something she couldn't understand and that was his unbelievable mood swings just as it was when she showed up at his office (a little late because she'd slept in) because he didn't think to call her when he didn't show up at the lobby of their condo at 7am sharp.

"Mr. Jeon, I'm sorry I'm late why didn't you call—"

Before she could even finish her sentence, he gets up from his seat and she swears she can see eyes of rage in his glare.

"Ms. Park, I'm paying you, not the other way around. I'd advise you invest in an alarm clock, you're late," he doesn't even look at her, taking his files before walking towards the door, "... get me my morning coffee I'm going to have a meeting with the marketing team. Then prep the meeting rooms for the rest of my schedule."

He doesn't say anything else, rushing outside the room as though he couldn't stand her.

If there was anything she learned in the last few months, it was that she couldn't expect nor predict the version of Jeon Jungkook she'd get.

Letting out a sigh, she takes a deep breath before rushing downstairs to get his coffee.

-

All was good in the world until Kim Seokjin came unannounced to his condo with a celebratory bottle of vodka. Apparently, everyone in the office felt as though it was a big deal to see their CEO on vogue, and stock prices for their company rose at the 73 question interview. Jeon Jungkook's personal phone had been blowing up for the last day, with other editorials and even news outlets seeking for an appearance but he thinks he's not ready for it, regardless of how much profit it'll bring.

"By the way, I saw your secretary this afternoon," the older project manager comments in passing, "... she was with a really handsome man, I bet it's her boyfriend—I guess everyone spends time with their significant other on the weekend."

"You mean Ms. Park?" He reconfirms, earning a nod, "... where was she?"

"At the Hermes store," he informs him, "... I think they were buying a bag. I guess her boyfriend's quite well off."

"Are you sure it was her?" He inquires, again.

Kim Seokjin nods, "... 100%."

He wonders why there was a pain across his chest.

The next morning, when a minute pass 7am and she's not waiting at the lobby, he decides to leave without her.

-

Jeon Jungkook tries his best not to seem too affected by things, but it's hard when she's literally his personal assistant and is tasked with being by his side for almost every moment of the day. So he does what he does best—drown himself in work.

"Are you okay, Mr. Jeon?"

He looks up from his computer screen, watching as she looks at him with a sense of concern.

"Absolutely fantastic," he lies, obviously, rolling his eyes before continuing to type on his keyboard, a little louder and harsher than usual.

"Your computer didn't do anything to you, type any harder and you'll break it—"

"Ms. Park, don't you have actual work to do? Rather than annoying and criticising your boss?" He questions, raising a brow at her, "... is there a reason why you're talking rather than sitting on your desk and getting shit done?"

Her eyes blind in surprise, but she's not particularly fazed.

"You're scaring the employees, apparently you've been yelling at everyone non stop since this morning," she informs him, "... is there any way I can help? Do you need someone to talk to?"

"Just go, Ms. Park. Go do work or just go home."

He watches as she takes a deep breath, obviously disappointed by his reaction but nevertheless, she leaves. Jeon Jungkook cannot help but still watch her from the window and in perfect timing, he watches as a man that he'd never seen before—one in a fancy suit and with an attractiveness that'll put Brad Pitt to shame, walk through the elevator, greeting her with a Hermes shopping bag in his hand.

Can these love birds take it elsewhere?

Five minutes.

Ten minutes pass and he decides to go out and kick the damn dude out, because his office was for work not for romance.

When he leaves his office, he watches as she instantly turns around, a bright expression across her face.

"Mr. Jeon, meet Kim Taehyung my—"

"And why are you here?" He doesn't bother to look at her, looking at the other man.

The other man, who now knows himself as Kim Taehyung, took a good read of the situation.

"I guess it's not a good time, it was nice seeing you Rosie," he bows slightly, "... and good to meet you Mr. Jeon."

Roseanne Park turns to him.

"What the hell is your problem?" She's yelling now and he's thankful that it's time for lunch break so that the other staff cannot hear, "... I don't know what the hell is up your ass but you better stop taking it out on everyone but yourself!"

"Do you know what the purpose of an office is, Ms. Park?" He retorts, scoffing at the lack of shame his assistant had, "... it's for work not to bring your fucking boyfriend around."

"Boyfriend?" She's almost gasping, appalled by the concept, "... he is my sister's fiancé, Mr. Jeon. You would know if you let me finish a sentence without biting my damn head off!"

Oh no.

Before he could even speak (though admittedly, he was already quite stunned at the revelation) she takes the Hermes bag (which was giving by Kim Taehyung) and hands it to him.

"I bought this for you yesterday as a gift to congratulate you on the vogue video," she informs him, "... even though I'm second guessing if you deserve it, you better take it before I change my mind. I'll be going home now, since apparently you don't know how to act like a human being today. I hope tomorrow you get some better sense."

Regret is a strange look on Jeon Jungkook, especially when he opens the bag and sees a belt and note inside.

[Dear Mr. Jeon. Congratulations on the vogue cover, and the great successes it's bringing. May your stocks get higher and higher. I know this is just something small, but I hope you like it and can wear it a lot in the office. From, Roseanne Park.