007.

Kim Seokjin believes that the world is likely ending when Jeon Jungkook says yes to attending a surprised birthday party for his staff. If he were honest, he'd only asked him as a formality (a lowkey to see if his boss would be willing to offer to use the business card) knowing that each time he'd asked before, he'd straight up say no with a blank face. In fact, Kim Seokjin pauses—unprepared to react to the sudden approval, before lifting his brows.

Jeon Jungkook used to be quite discreet with his intentions (or lack of intentions) but in the last two years, he'd stopped pretending to have the stomach bug or pretending to forget and blankly said no. At most, he'd ask to put his name on whatever the office chips in for and sending him the transfer details.

"Wait—to confirm, you want to attend the surprise party we're hosting for Roseanne Park? As in you, Mr Jeon Jungkook?" He clarifies, pronunciation the words extra slowly in case the younger man misheard or misunderstood him.

"I'm not deaf, but yes. In fact—send me the details and I'll tell Ms. Park that we have a business dinner to attend to, so we can meet you there straight away. You and the other staff can go first, and prepare the restaurant," he continues, "... it's settled then."

"Wait, Mr. Jeon, we were just thinking of getting a cake and singing happy birthday in the office as usua—"

"Here's my card," Jeon Jungkook pulls out his card.

The world was really, coming to an end.

"Noted, Sir."

Kim Seokjin quickly bows to dismiss himself, thinking that he shouldn't ponder for too long before his grump CEO changes his mind. Just as he was about to reach for the door, he hears his name being called out.

"Oh right, Mr. Kim, tell me one thing," he demands.

"Yes Sir...?"

"What's a present suitable for someone like Ms. Park?"

He confirms that the world is very well—coming to an end.

-

Jeon Jungkook thinks about how different Roseanne Park is to Jisoo Kim.

In the years that Jisoo Kim worked with him, she'd make sure that the entire office, and perhaps the entire Seoul knew that it was her birthday week coming up. She would request a week off where her then boyfriend (now husband) would take her on a short strip or staycation to celebrate.

Meanwhile, it was the day before and Roseanne Park hadn't said a word.

At one point, he thinks that maybe she is like him in that she doesn't like to celebrate her birthday. From as young as he could remember, he'd never really celebrated and always treated his birthday just like any other ordinary day.

But then, he considers how different she is to him and how unlikely it was.

Perhaps she'd given a fake birthday?

He doesn't quite know.

"Are you doing anything tomorrow night?"

He watches as her face is nonchalant, shrugging, "... probably Netflix, unless you plan on calling me into the office on Saturday?"

"I have a meeting with an investor tomorrow night, we're going for dinner. Can you come and sit in? He's an important investor for our company, but he's kind of— an extrovert. I couldn't bear to sit in alone with all that small talk. You're a lot better at that thing," Jeon Jungkook effortlessly lies, "... you can come in late on Monday if you wish."

"Of course, I'll never say no to free food."

-

Jisoo Kim doesn't believe Kim Seokjin when the older male reports to her about the behaviour of their CEO. She thinks the poor dude must be hallucinating, because in the last three years he's barely attended any birthday parties (unless they were networking events) and only bought presents if ordered by her (as a formality). Except, when Jeon Jungkook gives her a call and asks her to go shopping with him, she realises that the rumours were true.

She meets him in front of the mall, her baby sleeping in her stroller on the side.

"You really brought your kid?" He sounded annoyed.

"Did you think I was going to leave her at home, Jungkook? Really?" She crosses her arms, before pinching him, "... what's gotten into you by the way, did Ms. Park ask for a gift? You don't usually buy things personally."

She watches at he pauses, obviously taken aback by her words.

"No, I just thought we should—as a company, give a good impression to her, since she'll be leaving in four months," he reminds her, "... when she's out in the real world, it would be good if she could give a good name for us. You are coming back right?"

"Perhaps I should come back faster if you've turned out to be such a caring boss since I've been gone," Jisoo Kim jokes, "... so what were you thinking of getting her?"

"A belt. She got me one to say congratulations on the vogue—" he tells her.

"Oh, this one?" She points to the tan Hermes belt that he was wearing, "... I was just about to say, since when did you wear colours outside of black, white and blue. Is this real? How much are you paying her? Should I ask for a wage increase when I'm back."

He shrugs, "... I mean it'll be rude not to use it."

"You haven't used the cologne and wallet and watch the office chipped in for though—"

"Anyway," he interrupts, "... the gift, what do you think?"

"It'll be bad to get her a belt, she'll feel as though you're just paying her back. You could probably get a nicer wallet or a small bag," she tells him, "... plus you can get me one too you didn't even get me one to say congratulations to motherhood!"

What do you guys think he should get her?