003.

Jeon Jungkook sees another side to Roseanne Park on their trip to Yeongcheon.

She had a certain energy about her that was borderline intimidating and a confident energy that often made him question the power dynamics between the two. Roseanne Park was always focused, her mind always thinking a few steps ahead and in situations of pressure—it seemed as though she thrived. He recalls an instance where he'd given her what was a seemingly impossible deadline in finishing up his reports on his behalf since he had a few too many meetings to attend to. Jeon Jungkook recalls the way there was a sudden gleam of excitement in her eyes, as though she wanted a challenge.

Perhaps, she was an adrenaline junkie.

But he sees another side to her on their trip, an image of her that was as soft and delicate as her face, an image fitting for someone as beautiful as she was.

He admits, there have been instances where he'd catch himself looking at her in the middle of the meeting or the way he'd feel a sense of excitement when she'd walk beside him to have lunch together.

Roseanne Park was far from the perfect secretary, but somehow—he feels as though it's better that she's there.

Jeon Jungkook meets another side to her as he sees from beside him her clinging tightly onto the blanket mid flight a sense of concern and fear washed across her face. He feels bad, seeing as she looks around in panic at the flight attendants who unlike her, were used to turbulence. She makes sure not to look to him.

"Ms. Park," his voice is low, and he watches as she turns to him, slight beads of sweat dripping for her forehead and he cannot help but feel bad, "... are you okay? It's a bit of turbulence, it'll go away soon."

Jeon Jungkook cannot believe the words coming out from his own mouth and she seems surprised to, opening her mouth but no words coming out. He thinks that she's not the only one speechless at his own voice. Without thinking, he holds his hand out to her, watching as she doesn't even hesitate to take it, squeezing onto it tightly.

"Thank you, Jungkook," her voice is small, the first time she'd ever inappropriately addressed him by his name.

He doesn't have the heart to correct her.

-

A gentle impression of Roseanne Park was later seen a little after landing.

The pair checked into the hotel first, to put down their bags and freshen up before visiting the local wineries. They'd decided to visit the winery a little after 2pm, but it was already 2:05pm and there was no sound of her to be seen. Feeling annoyed, Jeon Jungkook is about to open the door to storm into her room and yell at her for her tardiness, when he sees her on the other side, a towel on top of her head.

She wore a white shirt and black jeans.

"Mr. Jeon," she quickly bowls, "... I'm so sorry but I've called reception three times in the last hour for a new hair dryer because the one in my room broke, can I please use yours? I'll be super quick."

He wants to yell, but seeing her in panic and oversharing was somewhat... endearing. Was she really waiting around for an hour for a damn hair dryer?

"Go," he manages to mutter, doing all that he could to make sure it sounded as stern as possible.

Yet somehow, his heart was feeling a different kind of way.

The pair ended up leaving at 2:30pm and thankfully, everything ran as scheduled. She had ordered the car prior but somehow, he felt a little annoyed seeing her on her phone the entire ride there. He takes her phone, watching as she looks to him in confusion.

"Yeongcheon is a beautiful city, you should enjoy it," he tells her.

"But Mr. Jeon I'm answering your emails—" she explains, "... I need to organise your schedule for when you go back to Seoul."

"That can wait."

When the pair arrive at the winery he watches as her eyes light up like a child in an amusement park, taking photos of the entire process and writing everything down. He finds it endearing, except for the fact that one of the guides won't stop looking at her with heart eyes and it's somehow irritating him. Did people not have a sense of professionalism?

"Ms. Park, are you a fan of a sweet colour to your wine or something slightly acidic?" The man questions her. 

This dude didn't even ask me for my wine preference!

"Hmm," she muses and he somehow thinks the way she's thinking so fervently is quite cute, "... for reds I like something vibrant and sweet, but a bit of acid to white wine isn't too bad."

"Of course, someone as sweet as you would like a sweeter wi—" the man stops before he's interrupted.

"So when can we start tasting  the wine? I'd like Ms. Park to try it and get her feedback first," Jeon Jungkook states. 

The other gentleman leads them to another room, pouring out a new bottle into two glasses. 

"Here's the latest production, it has a lot more body and depth than the previous," he informs him.

Jeon Jungkook takes a sip, eyes locked onto her as she does the same thing. 

"What do you think?" She asks her.

"I like it, it's smooth," she responds, "... this would be perfect for restaurants that serve steak, I think we can schedule some meetings when we go back to Seoul."

 Jeon Jungkook doesn't say anything in return. 

Truthfully, he was thinking the same thing.

"It's quite cold isn't it, Mr. Jeon," she turns to him, "... I should've brought a thicker coat, but my mother used to tell me that the best wines are made in the cold right?"

Without thinking, he takes off his cashmere scarf and puts it around her neck. He watches as her cheeks burn into a deep red like the wine she'd just sipped on. 

Though he knows it wasn't from the wine.

"You should've planned your attire better if you knew you'd be coming here," he tells her.

But surprisingly, his voice was gentle like a caring boyfriend rather than an annoyed boss.

Perhaps, he saw another side of himself as well.