021.

When Jeon Jungkook comes back from his small trip to one of the underrated islands of Greece, he can't hide his surprise when he sees his ex-girlfriend, standing outside of the gates of his home. His new home, one that no one but only a select few knew he was in residing in following the breakup.

He hates it, how she stands there just as beautiful as he recalls.

A part of him misses her. Hell—he thinks a part of him will always miss her, despite all the hurt and pain.

"How did you even get my address? Please leave, or else I'll have your charged with trespassing," he speaks abruptly, knowing full well that she was the time of woman who could easily get away with murder, yet alone a police report, "... just leave."

"Jungkook, please hear me out," her voice is desperate, pleading for him to simply turn around and glance at her, but his feet continue to walk inside without paying attention to her, "... please, I'm sorry."

Sorry?

He thinks it's too late for sorry.

Jeon Jungkook turns his head, unable to contain the hurt in his chest.

"Do you even know why you're sorry?"

He flashes her a look and for a moment, he feels regret for raising her voice, when her face looks so suddenly scared.

"I've thought about it for a while," she doesn't hesitate, "... and I know, I should've fought harder."

"No, Chaeyoung—" he stops himself as he walks towards her, waiting until he was a mere few inches from her face to whisper, "... you didn't even fight at all."

"I'm sorry, Jungkook. I love you, I really do but it's so complic—"

"Love isn't enough."

-

Kim Seokjin is not usually someone to interfere, especially since he notices how good of a mood (surprisingly) Jeon Jungkook is in after his trip to Greece.

However, Jisoo Kim continues to keep him updated as they pass each other at work.

"Chaeyoung keeps calling us, asking whether we can help schedule a time for the pair to talk," she notifies him, "... I feel so torn."

"They still haven't spoken?" He reconfirms, thinking it's quite odd, "... but he's been in a better mood lately?"

Kim Seokjin has only seen Jeon Jungkook genuinely happy (or almost happy) on a handful of occasions, with most being with Park Chaeyoung in the equation.

"Travel helped him a lot," she admits, "... must be the fresh air."

"But the two haven't reconciled?" He reconfirms.

Jisoo Kim nods.

Kim Seokjin knows he'll regret his next choice of words.

"Should we start a plan to get them to sit together for lunch?"

-

Park Chaeyoung feels nervous as she waits in the private VIP room of the restaurant the pair frequented a few months ago. She checks her phone one last time, seeing the message from Jisoo Kim confirming that he was on his way.

A part of her wonders whether he'll even sit down with her, or whether she really should give up on reconciling with him.

She misses him a lot.

More importantly, their time apart made her realise how much she truly loved him.

"Are you serious, Jisoo?"

His voice echo's and she looks up, seeing him looking to the hallway for a way out before he's dragged in by the smaller girl. He wasn't cursing (yet) so that must've been a good sign, she convinces herself.

"Jungkook, please, just one time," she hears the other woman talk gently, "... she's still one of our main clients after all, so we should at least try to keep things professional."

She watches carefully as he runs his fingers through his hair, a habit he did whenever he was nervous before he finally gives in. He holds out his watch, pointing at it to his secretary, "... thirty minutes. I expect the car to be at the lobby."

He doesn't bother to address her as he takes a seat, pretending to gaze through the menu. Jeon Jungkook doesn't even acknowledge her presence.

"Has your taste changed? I already ordered your favourite," she informs him.

"What if I wanted something different?" He's almost being petty now, but she finds it endearing.

"Do you? We can always change," she tells him.

"No, but maybe you should consider that perhaps my taste has changed, or that I want to try something different," he informs her.

"Jungkook, this isn't about the food..." her voice is gentle, "... I want to explain myself."

Park Chaeyoung takes a deep breath.

It's the first time, in her whole life, that she opens up about her relationship with her parents.

But she knows, she must.

For them to move forward.

"I've never been close to my mother—and I realise now, that I've always been vying for her attention, for her approval. She'd always wanted a son, and then she had me, and the doctors said she wasn't able to have another child after me—and I grew up always thinking that I needed to fight my way to be loved, to be accepted," she looks at him, "... until I met you, and learned what true love was. What true love is."

Her eyes are careful, watching as he stares at her void of any emotions.

"That night, I should've said something—but I was so shocked that she'd come suddenly, I was still processing the fact that she was there, usually we'd only communicate if its work related," she explains.

"You had an entire dinner, to process what she was saying, about me—about us," he interrupts.

"I wanted to say something, but I couldn't find the words, Jungkook..." she tells him, "... I was weak and a coward, and for that I am sorry. But it doesn't make any of my feelings, any less real. I still love you, and you matter a lot more than me than she does."

"Chaeyoung, I think we should just be friends. A relationship won't work between us, I have already thought about it a lot," he informs her.

She feels her heart breaking for the second time.

"It's not possible for us to be so close, yet to be just friends and I know you know that," she tells him.

"Then let's just remain strangers, it's better for the both of us."

can these two really be just friends?