C1: Selfishness

Vegas Pov:

It's been a week since Pete let go of my hands, at first, I thought I could handle it, but I'm dead inside without him, how could I live without my heart? I can't avoid facing the truth that I change a lot and that change is unanticipated since the day I realized Pete is not only my prisoner but also my heart. But now that Pete is gone, I'm not sure how my demon will remain locked inside me, I'm frightened I won't be able to control myself and will revert to my former self. But it won't stop me from loving Pete, for the time being, the only thing I can do is admire him from afar.

Another day has passed, and I am still saddened by the scent of Pete's gorgeous smile on his face. Today, I intend to visit the main family and of course, to see my Pete, but I am unsure what I'd do when I see him. Is it necessary for me to petition every main family to return Pete to me? I'll do anything to get Pete back into my hands. What if Pete is still scared of me and refuses to accept me? I'm at loss on what to do next and all I want is Pete.

~Arriving at the main gate of the main family, still frightened and unsure if Pete will accept me or if he simply wants me to leave him alone.

Entering the main family's home makes me feel sick, but I can't stop myself since Pete is here, and the only way to see Pete is to come here. Even if I don't want to be here, I have no choice but to continue moving. As I approached the left corner of the house, all of the bodyguards raised their weapons and pointed them at me. My wrath is boiling, but I have to keep walking. All I can do is give them a wicked look, and they begin to drop their rifle and bow to me with the phrase "afternoon, Khun Vegas."

One of the bodyguards approached me and said, "Khun Kinn is waiting for your arrival, please follow me." As I followed the said bodyguard, I began to glance around but could not see my Pete. To be honest, I wanted to ask this bodyguard, but I could see his eyes, and the way he looked at me, bothered me. When we arrived at my bastard cousin's office, the bodyguard opened the door and said, "Khun Kinn, Khun Vegas is here," which I overheard on the echo office. As the door was opened wide, I smell a familiar scent, and my body begins to feel weak. However, I must maintain my vicious appearance, so I continue walking and give my bastard cousin my signature smirk.

I can't help but stare at my Pete; seeing him gives me hope that I might be able to take back him. "What an unexpected arrival, what can I do to help my adored cousin?" With a glance at Pete, Kinn said. While Pete is Kinn's only bodyguard, as far as I can tell, he is attempting to avert my gaze, but I sense his discomfort in this situation. I want to hug him, but I sense fear in his eyes, so I ask Kinn if we may talk in private. Then I look at Pete and say, *It's a business.* Then Kinn tells Pete to leave us alone and goes out.

"I assume you're not discussing business, but rather personal matters?" Kinn stated, giving me a dreadful look. *I'll tell you the truth. I want Pete back at my place, and I'll do all in my power to get him back, whether you like it or not.* When Kinn heard what I said, he got up, grabbed a glass of wine, and began walking around his office with his right hand in his pocket.

I'm afraid I'm not the one who makes that decision. Are you so worried that Pete will not come to you that you're talking to me, and if I accept your request but Pete refuses to come with you, you're going to force him to come with you? Kinn indicated which side of his statement is true. I took a glass of wine and looked at him, adding, "I am very certain that force is not required." *Pete will choose me, and I'm simply putting to let you know that Pete is mine as of today, and you have no right to interfere in his life.* I answered him and began to drink my wine.

When someone knocks on the door, both of us turn to look at it, and the familiar face begins to open the door. "The files you want are here, and Khun Korn wants to see you," Pete said, staring at Kinn rather than at me. "Then I leave Vegas to you," Kinn said, gazing at the data Pete handed him. When Pete heard what Kinn said, he was too startled to speak. Before leaving his office, Kinn stated, "Be soft on him and don't do anything dumb."

Suddenly, the room was silent. I didn't know how to act in front of him, so all I did was stare at him as Pete looked at the floor. I want to hug him, but I restrain myself. I approach him close enough to sniff his scent, but he steps backwards, indicating that he is terrified at me. *Are you so disgusted by me that you can't even look at me? * I ask as I place the glass of wine in my hand.

" " still looking at the floor.

*Pete, I'm sorry for what I've done to you, but could you please go back with me? Simply tell me what you want, and I will do everything possible to meet your needs*.

"Can you then turn back time?" Pete asked, his eyes welling up with tears he was fighting back.

*I can't. Please, Pete, give me a chance and I'll promise you that I'll never harm you again; I can be anything you want if you just come home with me.

"What I want is...is..." he begins to cry, and his shoulder trembles.

"Just leave me alone," he said, and walked away, leaving me broken.

My knees have become weak, causing me to slump to the ground. My heart was shattered, and my entire world fell apart. After a minute, I get myself together and prepare to leave without Pete; my mind is all jumbled up. As I walked out of the main family's house, I accidentally bumped into Thankhun's bodyguard, whom I believe is named Pol; he looks like his master and has a foolish figure of face. "Khun.. Khun Vegas, you've arrived. Do you need anything?" Pol said as he carried some popcorn for Thankhun.

*Nothing, but if you see Pete, tell him I've already left and am still waiting for him* Then I walk away, opting to go home without Pete.

All I can think about on the way home is Pete. Pete, I realize, is the light that guides me home in my entire life of darkness, and now I've lost my light and returned to reality. But, all of a sudden, my mind tells me to pull Pete back to my side; I don't care what the consequences are, I'm willing to risk everything for Pete. Whatever happens, I want Pete stick by my side and live with me and Macau as we begin to form a family.

___________________________________________

Author's Note: 🌷

Thank you for reading the first chapter; I'll upload the next one tomorrow or the day after. This week is my final exam, so I need to concentrate, but don't worry, I'll keep you updated.

If you require anything or an additional section, please leave a remark and I will do all in my power to include it in my story. Please do not hesitate to get in touch me if you have an idea for a plot. Please keep supporting me so that I have a reason to keep writing. 💚