C9: Emulsion

(Authors' points of view are in bold italics.)

Well, guys, I changed Saew's name to Pim because it is the name of Macau and Vegas's stepmother. I apologize for the unsuitable adjustments.

Since Pim and Khun Kan returned to the minor mansion, there hasn't been any fighting, but we're not sure what the future holds for all the haters who share the same roof.

Vegas is still convinced that his father is planning to do something to remove Pete from their lives after the encounter between Khun Kan and Pete, though he is unsure of what that action might be. He can only spy on his father and do everything in his power to keep Pete safe.

Vegas Pov:

I have the perfect opportunity to look around his office today because dad and Pim are going to the hospital to have Pim's baby checked up. I have a gut feeling that he is working on something. I sense it since I am aware of my father's mentality and his tendency to act morally.

But not right now. If my dad is serious about getting rid of Pete, I need to take action right away. I believe the best course of action is to threaten him with harm to Pete if he continues to do fraudulent business through our organization.

Since it is the only thing I have to threaten my father with, I need to locate every record. I do everything I can to keep Pete safe. I am currently in my father's office, where every cabinet and drawer is locked and the computer has a strong PIN.

I had no alternative but to ask Nop for assistance in opening all the lock drawers. I call Nop, and as I had anticipated, he arrived quickly. However, I was taken aback to see a frightening visage standing next to him, which made my heart race.

"Vegas, what the heck are you doing?" When he saw me looking in my father's office, Pete asked me in a furious manner.

*Aii Nop, did I not warn you to bring no one? you can bring all of them but Pete, seriously! *

"Pete insisted after overhearing our interaction", so Nop apologized and explained his position.

*Nevermind! Before my dad returns, hurry.*

"Vegas, you didn't respond to me. Why the heck..."

*Just assist me, please. Later, I'll explain everything.*

While Pete attempted to crack the PIN on my father's computer, Nop opened each drawer one at a time. I looked over every paper but couldn't find anything out of the ordinary, so I turned to my dad's desk and noticed the painting there.

It is a large canvas measuring 76.2 by 101.6 cm and has a portrait of a battle rifle. As far as I am aware, my father never held a gun like this when I was a child, so why does he now have a painting of one?

I look at the painting's four edges, yet nothing changes. My father's office has been searched for 27 minutes, but nothing has turned up. As I strike the candle holder next to the painting, my irritation grows.

When I struck the candle holder, a door unexpectedly opened, and what a surprise when we enter the hidden area. There are several weapons in the room, including knives, bombs, and pistols. We thoroughly investigate the hidden room, but I cannot locate any documents.

The walkie talkie in Nop vibrated (Bzzz...bzzzz).

Nop spoke into his walkie talkie: "Yes..hmm... Yes I inform Khun."