C11: Revere

VEGAS POV:

I left my house to look for my husband an hour ago. Until I got a call, I drove around but was still unable to locate him. I answered straight away and recognized the voice.

"Maybe we should trade something? My dad started hanging up the phone before I could respond, "Come at the same place where I train you to hold a gun.”

To get there before dawn, I increase my speed as much as possible. When I arrive, I realize that I'm in for an exceptionally pleasant surprise.

*What in the world is going on? You.. You are aware of how many hours I have to spend locating him while you simply keep him here. Why don't you leave us alone, please?* When I saw my dad with Pete, I yelled at him.

I don't care that Pete appears to be being tortured because he is now standing in my line of sight and his clothing is covered in blood. I try to get forward because I want to touch Pete's freezing skin, but Pete is being pointed at by dad's men who are heavily armed.

*Why are you pointing your gun at him when I'm the one moving?* At this point when I'm experiencing panic, I'm unable to stop yelling. 

Observing Pete in that circumstance makes me remember how much I mistreated him and how long I kept him in the dark, by himself, and in a state of despair. I don't want him to go through it, yet because of me, he did.

Dad confidently announced, "I have a great deal to offer with you. Perhaps he believes that since Pete is his hostage, I won't flee."

*A deal? A SUPERB DEAL!* I told him, looking completely insane

*Just tell me what you want and don't freaking touch him you old man.*

“The arrangement is that you bring my son, I let him go.”

*Son? Which is exactly, you're a b^tch, son. It appears like your goddamn girl betrayed you, hahahahaha.*

"No, she isn't; she just wants to avoid you. She is concerned that you may harm her and her newborn.”  My dad is getting upset with me, and if I doubt it, it appears that his lover has abandoned him.

*Where can I find your son, if possible?*

Dad said, "Find them, and I'll let him go."

*Could I at least speak with him? Before I comply with your demand, I want to make sure he's okay.*

Vegas and Pete are given two and a half minutes to speak before Vegas departs and Pete returns to his cage.

“Hi.. Did you finish your meal before leaving the house and turning to face me?” Pete asks in a low voice.

*Do you think I'll eat without you?* I tell him, I'm about to cry.

“Has Macau finished with all of his tasks, and how about himself?”

*Please put an end to your concern about the others. I'll get you out of here, I promise. For the time being, focus on yourself. Wait here for a while, and I'll be back to get you, okay?*

“Vegas, take care; I'll wait for you. You don't need to leave right away; you can stay here as long as you like.”

*No.. I…..

Before I even finish my sentence Dad interrupts us and gets Pete out of my sight. I was mad at him but I can't do anything. Maybe I just follow his order and Pete will be back to me.

As my dad ordered, he wanted me to find his lost b^stard son. Given that I don't know where his mother is, how can I trace him? My mind seems to be starting to falter, but I must act quickly before it's too late.