C5:Rapture (+18)

Vegas Pov:

It's early in the morning when I get a missed call from my dad; I check my phone and see that I've missed 11 calls from him. I'm not sure what happened to make him call me several times early in the morning. I don't hear any phone calls or messages because my phone is set to silent mode.

Knock..Knock..

A sound from outside wakes me up from my sleep. Because the door is locked, I open it and see Nop behind it.

"Your father is looking at you, Khun Vegas." He's in the downstairs. Nop continued, trying to avert my gaze, "He also warned if you don't leave your room within 5 minutes, you won't see Pete again."

As Nop mentioned, I mended myself as fast as possible since I was scared Pete would get into trouble. I rush down the stairs, relieved to see Pete looking at me while my father is starring at Pete.

*What brings you here, Dad?* I asked, my voice low.

He motioned with his left hand for our bodyguards to leave us alone so we could chat privately. Dad began to walk in my direction when the bodyguard had left, and he began to adjust my collar.

"I need to talk to you about some business. I'd like you to handle our shipment; one of our investors will be visiting the vicinity, so make sure you have everything ready and that he is happy with our merchandise. Don't let me down, my son," Dad urged as he let go of my collar.

I simply nod in response because I have no idea what business he is talking about. We have a lot of business, so I'm not sure what he's talking about.

He leaves the house, and I approach Nop to question about the matter. My body is still recovering after leaving the hospital, and I admit that most of the time I just want to sit in my room and be undisturbed.

"The thing is, Khun," Nop can't say it directly, so I urge Pete to leave us alone.

*It's official, Pete is no longer with us. With my devil glare, I command him to speak.

"Khun, it's best to see for yourself. I'll take you to our shipment, after you" Nop stated, expecting me to obey his instructions.

While Nop drove us to our destination in the factory, I sat in the rear of the car. I'm uneasy in this position; the voice in my head keeps yelling, and I'm not even aware that we've arrived at our location.

Nop, open the car door for me, and we go for a walk. I don't speak to him since he isn't talking, and I notice a lot of people holding a bullet and a small quantity of powder.

We walked down the corridor, seeing what people did. It's a drug, and they put it inside a bullet before putting it on the gun, which is the drug's main container. I'm dealing with one of my family's illegal businesses, and I'm wondering if Pete is aware that we have one.

*Can we now go home?* I ask Nop because I need to get out as soon as possible. These kinds of businesses irritate me. I felt sick and humiliated, and all I wanted to do was go home and rest in my bed.

Nop drive me around, but I see we're not on the way to my mansion, so I ask where we're going, but he doesn't respond, so I raise my voice.

*Nop!! Are you there, deaf? * I couldn't control my emotions and yelled at him because I was panicked.

"I apologize, Khun Vegas, but I was merely following your father's orders."

*My dad? What exactly is it? *

"Just hang on, we'll be right there," says the driver.

It takes an hour to travel to our location, so I was startled to find myself at the pier, where a private boat awaited us. Then a man appears and gives me a pathetic smile.