Chapter Twenty

I sat for a hour or so

I sat for a hour or so. I began to feel tired so instead of sitting there on his bed and staring at the wall I laid down. I tried to close my eyes and sleep while I waited but my mind was restless. What was Deku going to do? Hurt me, punish me again like last time?

I shot up at the sound of the door opening. In walked Deku twirling a knife in his fingers.

"Y/N why do you go and continue to get yourself in trouble?"

My breath caught in my throat. That was the first time in a long time he had called me my name.

"Can I even trust you to be able to complete your mission tomorrow?"

I found air and my confidence to speak back to him.

"I told you I would prove myself to you and I will."

"Yes. I know your skill has improved but your devotion for me seems to be no longer there. Has it been a show the whole time Doll? It seemed too easy for you to jump Dabi's bones."

As he spoke he pointed the dagger at me inching closer to the bed I sat on.

"I have no where else to go. You and this is all I've ever known."

It was all I could think to say. He's slowly beginning to figure me out. He sees right through me. He knows I hate him. He knows I'm no longer devoted to him. He knows given the chance I would kill him...

But I'm used to his manipulation and games. I know how to fight back. I know how to confuse him. I know I need to be smarter and stop making choices that will lead him to know I'm no longer on his side. That I'm on Katsuki's side and working with him to end his Paranormal Liberation Front. It's time I step up and figure Deku out. To find a way to stop him.

He put his knife down on the bedside table and walked to stand in front of me. I had to look up at him as I still sat on the bed.

He grabbed my chin with his fingers then leaned down like he was about to kiss me but he stopped before our lips could meet.

"I only have one question for you Doll and do answer me honestly.."

I slowly nod. He lets go of my chin and rises to stand above me looking down on me.

"Do you love him more than me?"

I blinked a few times and scrunched my eyebrows in confusion.

"Don't give me that look Doll. Do you love Dabi more than me?"

He asked crossing his arms across his chest.

"I don't love him at all."

I said honestly. Dabi had just been a release for me. It was just lust and built up sexual tension. I didn't love him. Why would he ask that? What is he playing at?

"Do you love me?"

I stood up. He was only a inch or two taller than me as I stood up to meet his eye level so he could no longer look down on me.

"I did."

I decided not to lie, but I still had to play this carefully. If he didn't think I loved him nor was devoted to him anymore so what? But if he found out I was a spy and trying to take him down, that I wasn't on his side or the Paranormal Liberation Front than I'd be in trouble...

"Love is weakness Doll. It's why I had to do what I've done to you. It's why I had to shoot you that day. It's why you must fear and hate me. It's why I must not get attached to you as well... I'm sorry I had to do things this way, but look at you now. You're not weak anymore."

I grabbed the knife off the bedside table while he made his speech. He had hit a nerve.

I lunged at him and held the knife to his throat. Deku threw his hands up in self defense and began to back away from me. I only followed him with the knife still at his throat till he hit a wall and had no where else to go.

"See this is what I'm talking about. You would have never tried this before."

He gave a wicked smirk before he moved as fast as lightning. The knife was gone from my hands now in his own. He was suddenly behind me the knife now to my throat.

"That was very cute Doll.. but I'm done playing."

He said against my ear.

"How d-did you do t-that?"

"I have quite a few quirks now... I can be the hero I always wanted to be."

"You don't n-need a quirk."

"No, but they do come in handy. I still favor a gun and knife.."

He slowly released me from his grasp to turn me around to face him. The knife now pointed at my abdomen.

"You were one of the only people back then who was there for me. For that I have always had a soft spot for you. I want to see that you survive, but with you alive you are my weakness. All my dolls are. I get jealous and constantly seem to have to protect you all.. how will I ever accomplish my plans when your all in the way."

I didn't like where this is going.

"Izuku-"

I was going to question him but he cut me off by kissing me. Other times I would be disgusted. He was rough and it felt wrong before, but now it felt like I was kissing the Izuku I once knew. I gave in to the kiss against my better judgment...

"You should get some rest Doll. Big day tomorrow."

He said after breaking the kiss. He then shuffled me out of his apartment.

In shock I walk back to my apartment. Hopefully all the girls were asleep. I was done for the day and didn't wanna fight Mirage or any of the others. I just wanted sleep to clear my mind.

 I just wanted sleep to clear my mind