The beginning?

Harry's POV

"I'm ordering Macdonald's, what do you want to have?" Niall asked me.

"Uuum a big Mac is fine"

"Chicken nuggets?"

"No" I mumble.

"No?" He asked puzzled by my answer cause he knows as well as anyone that I love chicken nuggets.

I glare at the floor, trying to hide my blush. Niall is my best friend, I could tell him anything. He wouldn't judge me.

"Uuum I don't, aarh I don't eat them unless Louis buys them for me" I mumble.

I feel Niall's eyes burning the side of my head, then I hear a thud followed by wheezing laughter. 

I look up to find Niall laying back on the sofa laughing his ass off.

He wouldn't judge me, but he's not above laughing at me.

I hardly think it's that funny, I roll my eyes at him "Niall " I warn. But he only laughs Harder. 

I decide to let him laugh as much as he wants, cause there's no point in trying to stop him.

I pick my phone up for lack of something to do, cause everytime he opens his mouth to talk. He just laughs again.

"Mate, you stopped eating one of your favorite foods so Louis could buy them for you?... the same Louis who comes back home less than five times a year?... what are you whipped" He asks, sobering up the more he thinks about my situation.

Niall doesn't know how accurate he is.

Louis has been home, exactly 15 times in the past three years. He comes home for  the four term breaks and my birthday. He comes home for all the  term breaks, because i ask him to. And ofcourse his mother expects him to be home for the holidays.

I had thought that after he graduated last month, he would maybe move back home for a bit.

But at the start of January he decided to get a flat with zayn and liam in Manchester. So maybe I should start buying my own chicken nuggets, cause he's never coming back home.

I hear clapping, I blink and Niall is standing in front of me clapping his hands right in my face.

"Earth to harry!"

"Sorry, what were you saying?"

He huffs, " Don't you think it's ridiculous that you won't eat chicken nuggets, unless Louis buys them for you?"

"I don't know"

He looks at me concerned, "are you okay?"

"Mmmh I'm good, instead of ordering in we should go to Macdonald's ourselves.  I need the walk" I tell him, already getting up.

He looks at me uncertainly, "ok"...it comes out as more of a question so I just nod.

I can't just blurt out that I'm inlove with Louis, and have been since he cane out to me atleast not yet.

In less than thirty days, I'll be sixteen.

And even though lou is twenty one, I figure we could legally have a relationship after my birthday.

I've been waiting three years to tell Louis that I'm inlove with him.

I am not going to mess up my chances with him by telling Niall.  Who by the way has no filter. No, I've waited this long what's another thirty days?

***

"Hi Niall, Hey Haz" Taylor greets, when we walk up to the counter to order. 

It's all I can do to not tell her to stop calling me Haz, only Louis gets to call me that.

Instead I bite the inside of my cheek and smile at her politely.

It's a bit of a known secret, that Taylor has a crush on me. Only because she's not shy to tell anyone with ears about it, anyone but me that is.

Which I'm really glad for, cause I'm not out yet. So I can't very well tell her, I'm not attracted to her at all. Without outing myself.

"Harry!"

I whip my head towards the person whose calling my name, and I find Niall giving me a questioning look.

"Huh?"

"What's wrong with you today, are you high?"

"Niall you know i don't smoke weed"

"Then what's wrong with you today, you didn't even politely greet Taylor." He says whispering that last part.

I realize then that, we're no longer in line. So Niall must have just pulled me after he ordered.

"I'm just a bit anxious"

"Why?"

"Cause I'll be sixteen in a few weeks, and you know Louis is coming back for my birthday and I don't even know how I want to celebrate my birthday. Well I do know but..."

"Louis was here for the December holidays, he just left a week ago. It's not like he's going to come back a different person after a week. And as for how you're going to celebrate, I'll take care of that" niall says, proudly.

"Niall...I want something simple maybe dinner with my family or something"

"Yes, you can have dinner with your family. Then we're going out" he says, throwing his arm over my shoulder.

I huff, "We'll see... orders ready" I mumble, going to fetch our takeaway.

"What do you mean we'll see, I got a foolproof plan on how we can get some alcohol" he whispers.

"ALCOHOL!, do you want my mother to kill me!"

"Don't fuckin shout mate, and she won't find out. I told you, it's foolproof"

"Well clearly not, cause it's your plan" I say rolling my eyes.

"I resent that implication mate, but you'll eat your words once you see what I have planned for us" he says with a mischievous grin.

I can't help the endeared smile that spreads across my face.

I've known niall all my life, and his never once planned anything that didn't backfire.

But his excitement is infectious so, soon enough my anxiety about Louis possibly rejecting me is momentarily forgotten.  As I listen to Niall go on and on about how great my birthday is going to be.

We get home, flop on the couch looking for something to watch. Stuffing our faces with Macdonald's.