road trip

Louis  POV

"What are you doing?" Zayn asks me, I'm assuming cause I just took a left turn instead of turning right.

"Harry wanted some chicken nuggets" I tell him, harry's face lights up at my explanation. 

"We're never getting to Manchester if you're going to indulge harry the whole way" Zayn states, with no trace of malice in his voice.

Harry stiffens in his seat, so I grab his hand and give it a squeeze. To calm him down.

"Well you didn't have to come" Harry mumbles.

Well so much for calming him down...

"Excuse me?" Zayn says, shoving his head between the seats to look at harry whose stubbornly staring back at him.

"I said, you didn't have to come... this is mine and Louis's road trip" Harry huffs.

"It's a drive to Manchester, it's not a fuckin road trip" Zayn says at the same time as Niall, who asks "hey what about me?!" at harry.

"Zayn, sit back... and Niall i know you love Macdonald, what you want me to get you?"

"Bribing me with food, my kind of guy" niall says, listing off what he wants to eat.

I smile at him, maybe he's the only person who won't throw tantrums today.

Liam and Zayn had a fight, so I asked Zayn to come with me. Cause I'm a good friend.

But now Zayn and Harry are having a pissing contest, and I can already feel a headache coming.

"Zayn, you want anything?" I indulge him, cause he would do the same for me if I was being a brat.

"Oh me? ...I thought this was a road trip for you and harry"

"Mate, ..."

"Yeah yeah, you know what I want... you don't have to ask me" he says, ending the conversation by checking his phone again.

"Alright"

I then realize harry didn't let go of my hand, "you okay love?"

"Mmmh, I'm fine"

"Don't be sad, this is our road trip remember?" I say, brushing my thumb gently over his palm.

"Yeah?" He grins.

"Definitely, it's just us"

"What about Zayn and Niall?" He teases.

"Zayn and Niall? Uuum i don't know anyone by those names do you?"

"Nope!"

"Can you guys drop me right here so i can scratch my eyes out and ripped my ears off?" Zayn comments.

"Yeah me too, might need to throw up as well"

I laugh at their comments, harry rolls his eyes. But smiles anyways.

By the time we get to Macdonald's the mood in the car has drastically improved.

It only gets better after everyone's eaten. 

***
After a lot of unnecessary stops, at shitty locations that harry insisted were tourists sites, we finally arrived at our flat.

Harry's got a lot of junk that he bought, because what's a road trip without junk... well he didn't so much buy them as point them out for me to buy for him.

"So where am I staying?" Niall asks, after everything has been brought inside and Zayn went off to his room.

"Uum well you were meant to sleep in Zayn's room cause he normally shares with liam but they're having a lovers quarrel so you and harry can have my bed and I'll sleep with zayn."