9

Marcus P.O.V
I could literally stay like this for hours. I was laying on my back in my bed, while Desean sat on my lap, straddling me. I told him about everything that happened with Marlon. I of course started crying, which I felt was the most embarrassing thing ever. He reassured me it wasn't, but my pride said otherwise. He actually cried with me, once he saw me crying. We were really connected.

"When are your parents coming home?," I asked him. I didn't want him to get in any more trouble. Especially not because of me. I didn't want his parents to hate me more than they probably already did.

"I don't wanna go home," He said tapping around on his phone. I bet he texting that ni-. Stop it, Marcus.

"Why not baby?" I asked him. I'm pretty sure I knew the answer, but I still wanted to see his answer.

"You know why man. They fucking hate me. Everything I do it's a problem. They act like I just don't do anything I'm supposed to do. All of my shit is taken care of, yet they still find ways to fuck with me. I don't get it. I wanna stay with my papaaaaaaa," He said, whining the last part, throwing his phone to the side, and collapsing on top of me.

"Baby, you gotta graduate first. You don't even have a full month of school left. You'll be ok munchie, you know I gotchu with whatever you need, food, money, you need to talk, and if shit really does get serious then you know you can always come and stay with me. For right now tho, let's just wait until you graduate. I don't want yo parents hating me more," I said rubbing his back. If he really needed to move in with me he definitely could. I just didn't want to rush anything with him or cause more problems in his life. If he didn't live at home, his parents couldn't control him. They would fucking go crazy about that.

"Please Papa, pleaaaaaaaase," He begs me letting out a fake cry. Such a baby.

"I'll think about it baby, but I still think we could wait until you graduate," I told him honestly. Maybe I should just let him.

"Papa?," I heard him call me, while not moving from his position.

"Yea, baby?" I answered him, feeling my phone vibrate. Let me have this one night with him, man. I already have to take him home tomorrow.

"Are you still ok with me going to prom with Keon? I know you don't like him," He asked me concerned. Did I want him to go with him? Fuck no. Was I gonna tell him that? Fuck no. I didn't want any more problems in our relationship. We argued enough about stupid shit. If he wanted to go with them, fine.

"Naw baby it's all good. You go and have fun. Have you heard or seen those guys from the water?" I asked him tryna change the conversation. I know I would start getting annoyed the longer we had to talk about that bitch nigga. I trusted my baby though. Desean would never cheat.

"N-no," He stuttered out, picking up his phone. Well trying to before I grabbed his hand. He lying now?

"Why you just lie? You seen them niggas?" I questioned him, waiting on the answer. I need to know.

"Only a few times," He answered lowly like he didn't want me to know.

"Why would you think not to tell me that? That's some shit I need to know. They touch you Desean?" I asked him seriously.

"No. The first time, I think was on my phone on IG. They made a post about how they were gonna get their get back. They were really mad about losing. Then I went out with Micah, during lunch, they were in the Subway. That's the same day I texted you, but you told me you were busy and I said nvm. I was gonna tell you about them because they started following us and one reached for something, but then I didn't want to worry you or make you mad. I also didn't want you to go find them and do something stupid or get hurt yourself. I've been pretty low-key since then, so I haven't seen them but...yea," Desean explained to me, now sitting back up so that he was looking me in my face.