18

Marcus P.O.V

This was a day I had hoped would never come. My biggest fear. He got hurt because of me. Because of me. I know it was because of me because he's not beefing with anyone like that. He was just having fun at prom. He was the only one that got hit too, so I just know it was deliberate. My baby. My fucking baby. We had just arrived at the hospital and they took him in the back to try and save his life. We were just sitting in the waiting room. Micah was a complete mess. He was covered in Desean's blood and slightly shaking with tears running down his face. He was fucking traumatized, and it was my fucking fault.

"Micah, can you call someone to take you home? You need to clean up and get some rest man," I told him as he silently cried.

"I don't want to leave," He whispered still crying.

"Come with me real quick," I told him standing up. I took him into one of the bathrooms and grabbed some paper towels and wet them. I then proceeded the wipe off the blood that was on his neck and face as he cried. After making sure he was rid of all the blood on his body, minus his suit, we walked out of the bathroom and back to the waiting room.

"I gotta t-tell his parents," Micah said sniffling.

"The hospital already Micah, don't worry," I told him. I was worrying myself, but I knew if I started freaking out and breaking down, it would only fuck Micah up more. I had to be strong.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SON?," I heard Desean's mother yell walking into the hospital.

"They took him in the back, they're trying to save him," Micah cried out.

"What the fuck happened?," She asked, while Micah filled her in with a quivering voice.

"You don't have anything to say? You don't think I did some digging and found out who you are? This is all your fault I bet. Isn't it?! I swear to god if my baby dies I'll fucking kill you myself!" His mother threatened.

"I didn't mean for any of this to happen. I would never hurt him. I love him. I didn't mean for him to get hurt. I didn't set him up or whatever you're thinking. I love him more than life and I would die for him. I'm going to find out who did this and take care of it. I swear on my life," I told her while remaining calm.

"I can't lose my baby. I can't," She said getting choked up, before looking over at Micah. "Micah, are you hurt too all that blood? Have you called your parents?"

"It's not my b-blood, it's his," Micah told her, now in a shocked state, staring straight ahead.

"Desean's!, ohh my baby," She said crying to herself.

"Micah, call your people and go home. I'll let you know if anything happens," I tried once more hoping he would listen to me. This time he didn't verbally respond he just shook his head no. Fuck man.

After waiting in silence for a while, a doctor finally came out to talk to us.

"So, Desean is unfortunately in a coma, but he is alive and his vitals look good. If you would like to come and see him, you may do so now," The doctor stated waiting for questions.

"How long will he be in a coma?" I asked, scared of the answer.

"Only time will tell, could be days, weeks, months, and worst of all maybe years. When Desean's body feels like it is ready to wake up it will," The doctor told us. "Would you like to tak-,"

"YO IMMA FUCKING KILL YOU BITCH ASS NIGGA. I TOLD YOU TO SAY AWAY FROM MY SON AND NOW HES FUCKING HURT BECAUSE OF YOU," Desean's dad yelled at me getting in my face.

"Sir, it wasn't my intention to hurt him, I would never want him to get hurt. I don't even know what happened. I didn't mean for him to get hurt. I sw-," I started before his father swung on me. Imma let that one slide for obvious reasons. He did it again. I could feel my blood start to boil.