12

Marcus P.O.V
I had to be the dumbest fucking man in the world. I sat there and watched him text and call me a million times and ignored them all. All because he kissed that nigga. It was just a kiss. He didn't even initiate it and said that he pushed him off. I would go find that Keon nigga, but I wasn't about to go fuck with that lil' nigga and make shit worst. As bad as it sounds, I knew Desean wouldn't want me to either. All I know is that he better stay the fuck away from Desean, from here on out, because if I heard about something else with him, I was gonna forget about him being Desean's "friend".

That day I left, I didn't really fuck Lola. I just did that shit so he could feel what I was feeling. I would never cheat on him and definitely not with her. He personally makes her repulsive.

I sat on the edge of my bed, with my head in my hands, thinking. I had to find these niggas. Not only did they jump my baby, they shot at him. If someone would have shot him...

It's weird that my father was around and was able to save him. I'm just glad he was though. If he would have gotten killed by them, because I didn't wanna answer the phone, that would have fucked me up. I'm already fucked up, over them niggas even touching him. I definitely had my people searching high and low for them niggas.

I felt a shift in my bed and looked back to see Desean turning over, to lay on his stomach, while slightly wincing. My dad had texted me about finding him and that he was bringing him home. I sped to his house, but of course, he reassured me he was fine and demanded that I leave so he could go to sleep. I tried to fight him on it, but it was to no prevail. I was able to convince him to come over today though thankfully.

"Baby don't lay on you're front if your ribs hurt. Do I need to take you to the hospital?" I asked him for the 5th time.

"No, leave me alone," He mumbled, still laying on his front, now with the cushion from my pillow. I sighed and crawled up to him, laying down. I got under the covers and turned towards him. I reached my hand out and started to rub his head, slowly and gently. He opened his eyes and looked at me.

"I'm sorry for not answering you baby. I was just so mad about you and Keon and I thought you were calling about that. I should have known, that at some point you would have stopped, but the fact that you didn't should have been a sign. Even though I was mad at you, I shouldn't have let you walk home, knowing those dudes might see you and knowing that they tried to chase you before. I'm so sorry baby. I don't care if we get into an argument or anything like anymore, ok? I'll always answer the phone from now on ok baby?  I'm also not tripping about you kissing him. If you say you didn't like it, didn't want him to kiss him, and you don't have feelings for him, you were just being nice, then I believe you. Are you still going to prom with him?," I said to him, rubbing his head still and placing a kiss on his lips. I then kissed his cheeks, nose, and eyes. My baby was bruised up. Still, the most beautiful man I've ever seen.

"I don't know. I don't think I should. He knew better," He told me lowly, now looking me in the eyes. "Also, I accept your apology. Don't beat yourself up about it. I'm beat up enough for the both of us," He said with a slight chuckle. I didn't find it funny.

"That's not funny Desean," I told him with a straight face.

"It's about me. I can make jokes if I want," He rolled his eyes at me. I didn't reply, because I wasn't tryna argue.

"What did your parents say?" I asked him concerned.

"They just kept asking me a bunch of questions about who did it and how it happened and when, etcetera. I told them as much as I could, without saying shit about the river walk. I just said they tried to rob me, but I ran home. They believed me, comforted me a little bit, tried to get me to make a police report, but I refused," He told me, slowly moving, so he could be closer in my arms.