FOUR

The alarm clock rang, 7:15 it read. Julia got out of bed, took a quick shower and got dressed. She went into the kitchen and shoved some pop tarts into the toaster before getting a glass of water. There was a knock on the door, Eddie was early.

"It's open!" Julia said as she sat on the counter.

Eddie walked in, directly to the toaster, pushing the button and grabbing one of the pop tarts.

"Hey! I was going to eat that."

"I'm sure you have more, somewhere, in that fridge of yours."

Eddie looked at her face and sighed as he took the other pop tart out of the toaster and handed it to her.

"Thank you Eddie." Julia grinned.

"So how are we going to do this? How are we going to kidnap Mr. Miller Junior?" Eddie questioned.

"I'm thinking we should go during third period, I heard the science lab is unoccupied then. But we do have to be careful because third period is also when Mr. Cooper does his stroll and Ms. Kelly does the hall sweep."

"Alright, do we need a backup plan?"

"Nah, we just have to execute it perfectly."

Eddie didn't seem to notice the sarcasm in her voice and just nodded in agreement while checking his watch.

"Come on, let's go."

"May I drive?" Julia beamed as she jumped of the counter.

"No, you may not." Eddie responded as he walked out the door.

_

First period Julia had an English test, normally that wouldn't be a problem but Heroes by David Bowie had played in the car on the way to school. So during the entire test the song was stuck on repeat in her head. And not the whole song, no, just the same lyrics over and over again.

I, I will be king
And you, you will be queen
Though nothing will drive them away
We can be heroes, just for one day
We can be us, just for one day

Luckily it wasn't a bad song, but it didn't really help her concentrate either.

The rest of time went by pretty quickly. And soon the bell rang, announcing the second period had ended, Julia ran out of the class looking for Munson.

_

Julia made a quick stop at her locker to discard her remaining books, so she was free to... kidnap a turtle? After which she started walking through the halls trying to find Eddie as the second bell rang.

It wasn't long before she heard foot steps, not Eddie's foot steps but heels! Ms. Kelly's heels! They were coming from behind the corner, and they were coming closer and closer as Julia frantically looked around tying to find a place to hide. Her eyes feel on the restroom a little down the hall, the restroom was close to the corner Ms. Kelly would soon turn at. But since there wasn't any other place to hide, Julia quickly ran for it and duck behind the door. She'd made it and listened closely as the heels approached, she heard the heels come to a stop in front of the door, listening for a second, but then luckily walking on.