TEN

The next morning Julia and Eddie had fallen asleep in the boat, after last nights talk, Dustin, Steve, Robin and Max had all gone home. They'd figured if they stayed at Rick's, suspicion about their involvement would rise. Max would casually check if Chief Powell was still looking for Julia, but as of now they had decided it wouldn't be good to leave Eddie alone anyway.

Eddie woke up from a car pulling up the driveway. He shot out of the boat, walking Julia up in the process, and grabbed his weapon of choice, the broken beer bottle.

"What's going on?" Julia mumbled as she too now climbed out of the boat and joined Eddie near the window.

"There's someone out there." Eddie whispered back.

They could hear some rustle, but didn't see anything.

"Shit." Eddie muttered.

Then the door opened harshly as Eddie jumped and held up the beer bottle in defense.

"Jeez!" Julia yelled, flinching at the sound.

Dustin's head popped inside, quickly followed by Robin, Max and Steve. Dustin held up some bags.

"Delivery service!" He said innocently, like he didn't just scare the crap out of the two.

The two dropped their act and sighed. "Jesus Christ, you scared the living hell out of us!" Julia said as the group, that had just stumbled through the door, smiled innocently at them.

_

Julia walked up and down the room munching a half frozen Eggo as Eddie sat down in the boat and was stuffing his face with breakfast cereal.

"So we got, uh, some good news and some bad news." Dustin started as he had taken a seat on some stool he found in the shed. "How do you prefer it?"

"Bad news first." Eddie muffled through the cereal he flushed with a drink.

"Always." Julia pitched in through her Eggo.

"We tapped into the Hawkins PD dispatch with our Cerebro, and they are definitely looking for you. The both of you. The Hawkins police definitely dropped your name a few times, Julia. They said you were acting rather suspicious that morning and they'd like to ask you some questions."

Julia smiled awkwardly as Eddie turned around, she thought back to how she'd ran off before the Chief could even finish his sentence.

"Also, they're, uh, pretty convinced you, Eddie, killed Chrissy."

"Like, 100% kind of convinced." Max added, Eddie looked up from his cereal... Fuck.

"Great." Julia said sarcastically.

"And the good news?" Eddie tried to stay positive.

"Your name hasn't gone public yet." Robin said. "But if we found out about you, it's only a matter of time before others do too. And once that gets out, everyone and their shallow-minded mother is gonna be gunning for you."

"Hunt the freak, right?" Eddie voice slightly broke as Julia stopped pacing.

"Exactly." Robin said.

"Shit." Eddie said looking around the room, as if to look for the answer.

"So, before that happens, we need to find Vecna, kill him, and prove your innocence." Dustin said, he tried to make it sound like the easiest thing on earth, but he failed.

"Well, that wouldn't be too hard. Its only a monster that can kill people with its mind!" Julia joked annoyed as she started pacing again while pinching the bridge of her nose.