SIX

The day started of bright and early today, with spring break right around the corner the school was preparing for the time off. Meaning at 8 am sharp there was a pep rally in the schools gym and everyone had to be there. No exemptions.

Eddie parked the car and excused himself saying he had something to take care of and that he would join her in the gym later. Julia didn't mind it, she knew Robin and Steve would be there today. Robin played in the schools band and Steve was joining some girl he had been talking to, Linda... or Heidi?... maybe even Brenda. Julia couldn't really keep up.

She quickly found them on the crowded bleachers near the band and said hi. Soon the band started playing and the students cheering as the tigers cheerleading team began their routine. Their mascot, now wearing a basketball outfit to cover up the pink bikini, danced around in front of them.

After a finial round of flips, the cheer team moved aside as the basketball team confidently, like they didn't just scream like little girls yesterday, ran their way into the gym while being announced and cheered for by both their coach and their peers. They waved around to the crowd of people, acting like they owned the place, and then all took stand in front of the crowd.

Jason walked over to the microphone and took it upon himself to do the honors.

"Good morning, Hawkins High!" He started as his audience cheered.

"First off... I'd like to thank each and everyone of you. Without your support we wouldn't be here. Give yourself's a big hand!"

Once again the crowd cheered, Julia just rolled her eyes as she scanned the crowd trying to find Eddie somehow. Then there he was, in the back, in his Hell Fire shirt. Julia had worn hers today as well, usually she didn't wear it to school but with tonight's closing campaign, she did. Eddie found her eyes and stuck out his tongue, which she returned, before he turned back to see what Jason had to say.

"And of course, of course, I have to give a special shout-out to the best and prettiest fans of all time, The Tiger Cheer Squad!" He said receiving a big applause.

"Chrissy," He said as he looked at his girlfriend, he tapped his chest a few times before going back to what he was saying. "Chrissy, I love you babe."

And aww spilled over the crowd and Julia immediately looked at Eddie who was already looking at her.

"Oh My God!" She mouthed, which was returned by Eddie fake gagging. This made her snort receiving a few looks from her peers but she didn't care.

"You know..." Jason went on. "I think I can speak for all of us when I say it's been a though year for Hawkins. So much loss. And sometimes I wonder, how much loss can one community take? In dark days like this, we need something to believe in. So last night, when we were down by ten points at half to Christian Academy, I looked at my team, and I said, 'think of Jack!', 'think of Melissa', 'think of Heather'!-"

He somehow turned all the innocent deaths into a pep talk? He took Billy and Chief Jim Hopper, and just blindly turned their scarifies into a reason to win a basketball game? What the hell. Out of all the stupid things he had done this sure as hell topped it all!

Julia quickly shot an other look at Eddie who was practically staring at the boy with open mouth. Eddie, like most other people, thought those people had died in the mall "fire" yet he too could see how wrong this was.

Jason just rambled on about how tonight the team was going to kick ass again, and about how they were going to bring home the championship trophy. The crowed once again cheered over literally anything that was said, finally it was done and Julia practically sprinted out of the gym.