TWENTY-FOUR

Lucas ran towards the attic window and anxiously blinked his flashlight through the glass. His eyes were watery and he breathed loudly as he waited for Erica to return the signal.

Over at the playground Erica noticed the blinking and quickly blinked back. "Okay, she's in. Initiate phase three." She spoke to the Upside Down.

In the Upside Down, the group had taken shelter underneath the rocket ship on the playground. They listen to Erica talk and Robin quickly picked up the walkie talkie.

"She's in. Move on to phase three." She beamed through to Eddie and Dustin.

"Copy that. Initiating phase three." Dustin answered.

Back at the trailer park Dustin put down the radio and plugged in the final cords.

"Let's hope they hear this." He sighed.

As he plugged in the electricity a few amps whiled, Dustin walked up to them and turned the volume up to the max. On top of the trailer the two had set up all the amps and boxes Eddie had. Their plan was to play their music on the highest volume to lure the bats away from the house.

Dustin nodded to Eddie, who quickly nodded back before grabbing a guitar pic from his neckless and turning to look over the park.

"D, this is for you. Go ring some Hell Fire upon those motherfuckers." Eddie said as he loudly strummed the guitar.

Eddie played the guitar loudly, it was a song called 'Master of puppets' by 'Metallica'. It had only come out earlier that month, but Eddie had practiced it some many times he could play it in his sleep. He played the riff as he looked over the trailers, vines and ranks. Behind him the storm flashed the sky red in the dark clouds.

In the distance a few bats screeched and flew towards the sounds in the distance, soon the bats swarming over the house followed the example. Steve, Nancy, Robin and Julia watched as the swarm flew away.

"Okay, it's working." Nancy sighed as she walked from under the rocket ship out of hiding. "Let's go."

One by one Robin, Steve and Julia followed out as they walked towards the house, Julia looked back. Underneath the rocket ship she had left her flashlight.

"Wait, guys! One second." She told them before she quickly walked to the flashlight.

"Hurry up." Steve said.

Julia smiled to herself as she bend down and grabbed it off the ground, she turned around. Something in the air shifted, she could no longer hear Eddie's guitar and to her surprise, her friends were gone.

A chime of a clock sounded in the distance.

"Guys?" She yelled confused as she turned on her flashlight. "Guys, where are you? Robin?"

A second chime sounded.

No one answered, Julia looked around the playground. But no one was there. A loud sound started her, she spun around and pointed the flashlight in the direction of the sound. In the light two small eyes appeared, they blinked a few times before all of a sudden hundreds more appeared behind them. Julia slowly backed up and swallowed, all of a sudden the first pear of eyes moved into better view, it was a demobat, they were all demobats. The first one leaped forward and flew towards her, it was quickly followed by the rest.

A third chime sounded.

Julia yelped, turned around and made a run for it. She quickly ran towards the house and went inside, she slammed the door behind her and backed up. Over her own panting she could hear the bats attacking the door trying to get in. She hastily looked around the room she was in, it wasn't the hallway she'd expected, it was an old looking room. There was one other door, an other than the door she had just entered through. The bats outside were picking away pieces of wood and Julia could see their claws and beaks coming through.