TWENTY

Finally they arrived at The War Zone, the place was crowded with all sorts of people all eager to buy guns, weapons, hunting gear and much more. The group agreed it would be best to leave Julia and Eddie behind as the risk was too big to let them go inside.

Steve proposed one of them would stay behind, he mentioned Eddie and Julia were a fleeting risk. The two of them protested deeply, there was some name calling and bickering. But they eventually agreed to let someone stay behind, and because the two were determined not to get a babysitter, Dustin it was.

The rest of the group had left and Dustin was messing around with the radio upfront. Julia and Eddie sat on the couch in the back. Julia sighed, it had been quiet for a while, if you didn't count the static noise from the radio and a faint song that would pop on every now and then.

"I think we should make a plan of celebration." Julia said.

"A what?"

"You know, when this is all over, when we're done, when we can go back home. I think we deserve a good celebration."

"Yeah, that does sound nice." Eddie agreed.

"So what would you do?" Julia asked. "What would Eddie the Banished, do after a long day of battle?"

Eddie thought for a bit, he wasn't sure.

"You have been fighting all day, you've had a good 5/6 near death experiences, you're tired, you might need some medical attention but it doesn't really bother you. It had been an intense fight but finally you won, you had slayed Vecna and his cultists, you, Eddie the Banished, had brought them to their knees." Julia said intensely with a grin. "You go home, to your town, the simpletons in the village welcome you with open arms, they praise you with your victory. The happy villagers are pleased to provide you with anything you please. Anything you wish for, will be taken care of. What do you, Eddie the Banished, do to celebrate?"

Eddie grinned widely. "Did you just D&D me?"

"Well, you never let me be Dungeon Master. So, really, you brought this upon yourself."

Eddie shook his head before going back to the question.

"What would Eddie the Banished do?" He muttered. "I think, he'd go to his favorite bar and he would order his usual. After a good reward for his bravery and receiving all the goods the villagers were so pleased to provide, Eddie the Banished would look for the prettiest girl in town and check to see how grateful the town really was before falling into a deep slumber."

"Fully consensual, of course." Eddie quickly added.

"Oh, yes, of course." Julia chuckled.

Julia sighed before it went quiet again, it had been a while since they didn't have anything to talk about. She look at his face, his cheeks were slightly colored. Her eyes creeped down to his lips, they were perfectly blushed. Eddie noticed her eyes dipping down as he studied her face. He slight wet his lips which made Julia look up to his eyes again.

"And Eddie Munson? What would he do after a long day of battle and bringing Vecna to his knees." She asked softly, not breaking eye contact.

"I think, he would..." He cleared his throat. "Uhm, well, first he'd check up on his trailer, make sure his uncle is okay and hope he didn't freak him out too much."

"And then?"

Eddie swallowed. "Then... then he'd probably go over his friends house, 'cause, he has this really cool friend. She, uhm, is way cooler than most of his friends and means a lot to him."

Julia smiled softly and places her hand on one of his legs making his breath hitch ever so slightly. Julia didn't notice but it was there, hidden at the end of his sentence.