SIXTEEN

Dustin walked through the kitchen explaining the theory to Lucas and Erica. Erica sat at the table looking very bored while she listened to Dustin ramble. 

"So our working theory is that Vecna makes remote contact from his attic. We don't know why. We assume he can do it from anywhere." He rambled as he paced the room.

Erica looked past him as she stared at the ceiling. Something caught her eye, the lamp, above the main area in the kitchen, was blinking.

Dustin kneeled down next to her.

"Are you even listening to me?" He asked irritated.

"Yeah, I'm listening." She said as she stood up and walked to the lamp."It's just... You said you followed Vecna through lights, right?"

"Yeah, why?"

"Because I think he's here." Erica said as she still stared at the blinking light.

Slowly Dustin turned his head and followed her gaze. He saw it too now, the lamp flickering. He stood up, closely followed by Lucas as they walked over to the lamp and watched it blink.

It blinked three short . . . three long _ _ _ then three short again . . .

. . . _ _ _ . . .  It blinked, again and again.

In the Upside Down, Eddie moved his hand through the sparkles, making them glow with each part of the morse code. SOS, SOS, SOS...

"It's working." Robin whispered as they all listen closely to hear Dustin's reaction.

Dustin walked closer to the lamp.

"S." He whispered.

"O."

"S." 

"Hey, uh, remember when I said they wouldn't be stupid enough to go through Watergate?" He said.

"Yeah?" Lucas asked carefully.

"I overestimated them."

_

Lucas walked to the living room and pulled the main power cord out of the wall. Holly, Nancy's little sister, was playing with a light board. You'd push pins in the board and they would light up. With out the power, the board shut off.

"Hey!" She yelled in protest.

Dustin ran to the living room and grabbed the board out of Holly's hands before running out again.

"I'm sorry!" He called back.

Lucas bend down and grabbed the remaining pins, before running out the room as well.

"Sorry, sorry, sorry." He yelled.

Erica had now ran into the living room and pushed a popsicle in Holly's hands.

"It's for your understanding." She said before running after her older friends. 

The three ran into Nancy's room upstairs and in the Upside Down the group did the same thing. Steve, Nancy, Robin, Eddie and Julia all sat down by the bed and waited patiently.

Dustin, Erica and Lucas frantically pushed the pins into the board. Slowly it filled up and the board covered.

"Come on, Come on..." Steve muttered as they watched the bed hoping for something to happen.

Finally the board was full.

"Okay, that's it. Go, go, go." Dustin said.

"Yeah, okay." Lucas spoke as he quickly plugged the board in. The board, with all its pins and colors, lit up.