The way of things

- Ira -

Ira sat leaned back in the pilot seat. Legs crossed and flung over the centre console, just about half asleep. BD-Y2, a modified data collection droid, sat perched in her lap. Painted a greyish white with green highlights. Designation: Turtle. A peculiar character to say the least. 

Through the cockpit window the blue and white flashes zipped past at intense speeds; 

Hyperspace. 

Such an under-appreciated yet critical function on pretty much every starship. Great for getting from A to B without it having to take an actual lifetime. A galaxy so massive. Yet so frail, somehow easy to control. Most would excuse everything and call it order, go along with it. 

Conform.

Others knew better.

As the designated pilot of this beat down VCX- 350 light freighter, dubbed The Keep. She'd remained in the cockpit although it was unnecessary, being a five hour jump. The rest of the crew were around, doing this and that.. 

There was about ten minutes remaining of the flight. They were headed to Kijimi, the client on the ground was waiting for his cargo to be delivered. They would have to stock up on supplies as well, after getting paid. The plan was to stay there a couple days, to catch a break for once. 

"Feet off the dash. That's no way to sit." A familiar voice said from behind. Ira scoffed, but did she as told. BD came to life and transferred himself from her lap on to the control-panel, making sure not to step on any buttons. "You do it yourself!" The hapen countered and swung her chair around facing the Togruta, found leaning on the doorframe. 

"Not when the actual Captain's about to walk in." She winked and entered and seated herself on the seat across from her. Brie Cisko, an orange skinned Togruta, from Shili. Blue eyes, white markings highlighting her face and arms. Her montrals, shaped like horns on her head, were long and ran down to her waist. Primaraly white with dense black stripes. Slightly entrancing. At 47 years of age, you could say she'd been in this trade for a while. She knew all the tricks, and was at present; the ship's mechanic. Brie had a personality that matched Ira's. The two got along splendidly (most of the time.) A few moments later the Captain, Vyce entered the room. "Look sharp. Captain's on the bridge!" Brie called formally, and the two girls simultaneously saluted him in an exaggerated manner. 

"Stop that." He groaned, and sat down in the co-pilot seat, knowing not to touch anything. The two giggled childishly. Though Ira was technically the "captain" of the ship, because she'd be the one actually flying the thing (But It's nO bIg dEAl.. ). It was Vyce's ship, and so they addressed him as captain. He'd noticed her knack for flying early on, and decided to put her behind the wheel. He never got it back. Vyce's full name would be Gongo Bogken Vyce, a green-skinned Kalleran, from Kaller. He had neat black markings on his neck and arms, and no apparent footwear whatsoever! One of many smugglers in the outer-rim, not famous. Because if one were; "You ain't doin' it right". He isn't particularly on the Hutts' good side.. Which ain't good for the crew, but they get by alright. This Kalleran, is a gunslinger, and a good one at that.  Vyce is quite the eccentric and a charmer, perfect smuggler material. He'd also be pretty cocky and spontaneous, and the man claims he thinks things through, but he doesn't. Being the captain had it's perks; like being the subject to everyone's teasing. 

The fourth crew member was Hallis Hewjer, he was no doubt at work, readying the goods in the bay. A human originating from Corellia, you'd first assume he was a wannabe racer or something along the lines, because of the way he dresses, and he'd got a boisterous look about him. He's got jet lack hair, and purple eyes. (So perhaps not completely human) But in truth he was the only one on the ship with a single ounce of common sense. He's the brawn of the crew, and their cook. Ira would've never guessed, unless he hadn't smelled of onions. (he has his quirks.) Hallis is a few years older than her, and an absolute gent.