Need-to-know

-Ira-

The unspoken warning she received from the Keshiri, made her rethink her approach. She would've told the Captain about her suspicions involving the proclaimed mercenary. She would have to keep her thoughts to herself on the matter. Understandably he wouldn't want anyone to know, in the interest of self preservation. She realised that it wasn't her place to share that information.

The situation had become more delicate than ever. The two made their way to a nearby shop.

"What's on your mind, Medoh?" Vyce skimmed through his shopping-list of supplies, as they moved through the quiet street. The winds had died down, and the weather had cleared a bit. A vail of fog covered the mountains surrounding the city, a rather majestic view. 

"Circumstances changed, it's nothing." She shrugged. Vyce stopped in his tracks and turned to her. Conveniently they were in front of the shop they were supposed to go.

"Circumstances? It's been five minutes. What's on your mind?" He put an encouraging hand on her shoulder. Such a softie, but she'd never tell him that.

"It's nothing, really. I'll deal with it..." She trailed off, looking for the right words. "I'm just conflicted about this merc.. whatever his name is..." A half truth was as good as any.

"Ingeld..? We've already employed him, but if you suspect that he's a bad egg. I'll cancel our arrangement."

She chuckled. "Geeze, no need, V. You know me, I spook easily." Ira shrugged it off and quickly entered the shop. She should have just kept her mouth shut. 

Vyce exhaled deeply and got to ordering a few parts for the ship, maintenance was long overdue. Brie had been giving him shit about that for weeks, she wanted to get to it, but they didn't have the necessary parts available. It took them over an hour to find what they needed, the shop was a mess, and the customer service was terrible.. Eventually they got the stuff, at fair price too, thanks to "Captain Haggle". The load was scheduled to be delivered directly to the docks, where the ship was.  

The crew knew of Ira's previous affiliation as a jedi. It couldn't be helped, as Vyce was the one who smuggled her and three other Jedi padawans off Coruscant. She parted ways with them shortly after. She knew not what became of them, if they'd survived or not.. She knew her new friends could be trusted, otherwise she would've ditched them a long time ago. 

At the bazar, there was an obvious trooper presence, but the two weren't bothered by them as they went about their business. The bought the goods they needed and left. In 'n out. Efficient for once. It was beginning to grow dark. Vyce stopped by the employer to get the clearance codes in order to receive the valuable cargo. Their employer turned out to be an old friend of the captain, a Kel Dor by the name of Num Nilek. For some reason, Ira got a bad vibe from the guy. He trusted Vyce to get the job done. 

They returned to the ship with the supplies. Hallis had prepared lunch for everyone in the lounge. Brie had shown the new guy around the freighter, and there were spare accommodations for him on the ship. Now everyone had gathered in the lounge. Ira cast Ingeld a careful glance as they entered.  BD beeped happily and padded over to her, showing off his newly repaired leg.  

"Alright, we got the parts." Vyce said looking to Brie, she nodded in approval. "They'll be here in a bit.. We leave in 12 hours. Get some rest yall, this'll be great!" He said enthusiastically, though the room didn't seem to share his enthusiasm.

-Ingeld-

They parted ways right after exiting the canteen. Ingeld continued toward the shipping bay with the Togruta, Brie, while the captain and the hapen went after the supplies. Generally speaking, Ingeld was not a fan of small talk. He could partake if there was need, but he did not like meaningless babble. So the walk to the docks was a relatively quiet one. Ingeld tried to enjoy the view and weather, that for once did not resemble a subzero blizzard but he always ended up thinking back to less 'relaxing' matters. After all, Ingeld liked having his thoughts being sorted and not being a jumbling mess like they now were.