016|Amnesia

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

"I've always liked quiet people:You never know if they're dancing in a daydream or if they're carrying the weight of the world

You never know if they're dancing
in a daydream or if they're carrying
the weight of the world."
~John Green
.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

As Dustin and Steve prepared a spot for the eldest of the two to sleep, Dustin noticed that Steve knew exactly where the Henderson's kept their extra blankets and pillows. After discovering that Dart had melted again and fled Dustin's basement, Steve decided they should go after the bloody thing the next morning.

Steve decided to take the couch in the Henderson living room, not wanting to spend a night in Scarlett's room without her there. That simply felt too intimate, especially with her kid brother across the hallway. The teenager quirked a brow however when Dustin started to settle into the living room as well.

"What the hell are you doing?" Steve asked as he put down the pillow he had been fluffing.

Dustin looked up from the blankets and pillows he had been spreading out over his mother's lazy chair. "What?" Steve gestured to Dustin's blankets in response. "Oh, well it's safer to stick together. So one of us doesn't get murdered in our sleep," Dustin spoke as a matter of fact and Steve blinked at the boy a few times before shaking his head.

The phone suddenly rang and immediately Dustin dashed towards it, skidding to a stop as he answered it. "Hi, Henderson residence!" He half screamed.

"Dusty?"

"Oh hi Mom," Dustin muttered, the little hope he had felt flickered out like a candle in the wind.

"Hi sweetie, Lorenzo has invited me to stay the night here so we can keep looking for Mews on this side of town," Claudia's voice shook and Dustin felt a pit forming in his stomach. Claudia and Scarlett loved Mews so dearly, and while Scarlett would eventually know the truth, Claudia could never know. "Do you mind? If you do I can come straight back home and stay with you and Scar."

"Oh nononononono Mom, you stay there and find our little Mews alright?" Dustin peered at Steve who was eyeing one of the pictures on the wall that showed the Henderson family after moving back to Hawkins. Covering the horn with his hand Dustin called Steve's name a few times to gain his attention. "Steve has come over to help me and Scarlett look for Mews, so we're going to be fine." Dustin nodded at Steve who only frowned.

Dustin made a 'psst' sound and nodded towards the phone he was holding and finally Steve understood Dustin's plan. "Hey Scara, how about we ask the neighbours again?" Dustin gave nod of approval and stomped on the ground a few times before he and Claudia bid their goodbyes.