006|Arrested in Hawkins

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

"I hope I make it a little softer here for someone

"I hope I make it a little softer here for someone."
~Butterflies Rising
.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

"I just . . . I can't believe she didn't come back," Mike sighted quietly as he stood in his basement, eyes trained on the blanket fort that Eleven had built "She's got to be close," Dustin spoke up from his spot on the bottom of the stairs.

Floyd turned to look at his cousin with raised eyebrows, since he had arrived he had attended a funeral of his best friend and had his other friends info-dump a conspiracy theory on him as well as a mysterious girl with powers "You think she's still here?" Dustin turned to look away from Mike and to stare at Floyd "She has no where else to go."

"She said it wasn't safe," Mike muttered "She just messed up the compasses because she wanted to protect us," He continued "She threw Lucas against a car! I wouldn't call that protecting us!" Floyd exclaimed, waving his hands through the air frantically, his curly hair shaking wildly "She was just trying to break up the fight," Mike argued.

"You started that fight Mike." The friends locked eyes "He was being horrible to El," Mike defended "You're going to pick the girl you've known for what, a week? Over Lucas who we've known for years?!" Floyd asked and Mike hesitated before he opened his mouth to respond, but Dustin quickly interjected.

"Look, she affected all of us with her crazy mind powers yesterday. Us fighting now won't help anyone." Dustin looked at Mike intently before his eyes flickered to Floyd, who was gnawing his lip "She probably didn't mean—" Mike started before Dustin snapped "No, Mike! You give me and Floyd a break! We were being the only reasonable ones. The three of you were just being a bunch of little assholes! We saw what Eleven did, but bottom line, what started it all was you. You punched first. And you know the rule. You draw first blood—"

"No! No way!" Mike exclaimed in disgust. "I'm not shaking his hand."

"You're shaking his hand!"

"No, I'm not!"

"Rules are rules, Mike," Floyd added "Obey or be banished from the party. Do you want to be banished?" Dustin raised his eyebrows and Mike bowed his head "No."

"Good," Dustin breathed out a sigh of relief. The young Henderson boy turned on his heel and strode away before shrugging on his jacket. Then he tossed Mike and Floyd's jackets to each one respectively, who shared a confused glance "Where are we going?" Mike called as Dustin hopped up the basement stairs "Where do you think?" Dustin retorted from upstairs "We're going to get Lucas. And then we're going to find Eleven."

"Let's go!" Floyd sped after Dustin, Mike hot on his heels.

⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷