007|Salty Waters

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

"The boundaries which  divide life and death are at best shadowy and vague

and death are at best shadowy and
vague. Who shall say where the one
ends, and where the other begins?"
~Edgar Allan Poe
.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

Scarlett reorganised the cigarettes in her bag as she sat in the bustling police station. Nancy and Jonathan beside her. Occasionally an officer would walk up to the trio to check on them, before walking away again. Scarlett had been very grateful that Flo wasn't at work that day, the older woman would have scolded Scarlett to death.

Jonathan winced a bit as Nancy moved the icepack over his bruised and bloodied knuckles "Sorry," Nancy whispered and Jonathan gave her a comforting squeeze as to say it was okay.

"Jonathan? Jesus what happened?" All three looked up to see Joyce staring at her son with wide eyes "I'm fine," he murmured letting go of Nancy's hand and stared down at the hands cuffs on him with guilt. Joyce turned to look at the nearest police officer "Why's he in handcuffs?" Joyce demanded. The curly haired officer sighed, "He-" Alas, the officer was interrupted "Take them off," Joyce hissed "I can't do that m'am." He pushed his glasses up his nose.

"You heard her, take them off," A deeper voice came from behind her. A voice that belonged to none other than Jim Hopper "Hey Hop." Scarlett smiled and Hopper looked at her with a defeated look "Do you know how much shit your mother and Flo will give me for this?" Scarlett shrugged and Hopper took a deep breath "I knew I shouldn't have let you have a summer job here...."

"Look chief, I know everyone's emotional right now but there's something you need to see," A second officer spoke up, his voice held more authority than the spectacle-wearing officer. Jonathan, Nancy and Scarlett's faces immediately paled, the trunk of Jonathan's car was filled with many things that would not help when the teenagers had just been arrested for fighting.

Indeed, one of the boxes filled with ballistics was dropped in front of them within moments. Hopper's frown grew as he looked at the box on the table, before his face showed his infamous 'I am not stressed' smile, which had and always would be a terrifying thing to witness. Joyce meanwhile just looked confused, the poor woman was looking in between her eldest son and the box.

"Why were you going through my car?" Jonathan demanded, anger radiating off of him "Is that really the question you should be asking me?" Hopper leaned closer to him, and Jonathan gulped as Scarlett took off her glasses to massage her temples "I want to see you in my office." He leaned away from Jonathan, yet the death look remained in his eyes "You won't believe me," Jonathan sighed staring at the box "Why don't you give me a try?"

"You say blood draws this thing?" Hopper questioned, looking up from the picture that Jonathan had taken of the monster, Hopper proceeded to carefully examine Scarlett's drawing "We think so," Scarlett answered, playing with a cigarette in between her fingers "It's just a theory," Nancy added.