005|A Pencil, a Screwdriver and an Axe

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

"Come back. Even as a shadow, even as a dream."
~Euripides
.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

Scarlett silently struggled with pulling up the zipper of her black dress. The day of Will Byers' funeral had arrived. Or fake funeral. Hell, Scarlett wasn't sure anymore. All she knew was that she had to attend another funeral in her young life. Oh, the brunette also knew that she, Jonathan and Nancy would continue their research on whatever the hell Nancy had seen. Scarlett herself had done the little research she could instead of sleeping, but alas she was yet to find any helpful information. 

The Henderson girl tightened the old straps of her shoes before standing up from her bed. With one last glance in the mirror, Scarlett exited her room and walked down the creaking stairs. The three Hendersons sat in silence around the table as they munched on their breakfast. The air was thick with tension and was heavy to breathe.

All three remembered the funeral of Bill Henderson all to well.

Claudia couldn't bear the thought of her children having to have attend two funerals in heir young lives. Both funerals of people who died before their time. Both people who's death was sudden and unexpected. Both death's who involved people the Hendersons loved.

⊶⊷⊶⊷❍⊶⊷⊶⊷

Soon enough the trio stood in the soft sun, a few more people stood around as they watched a priest speak a few words. Scarlett's green eyes half closed due to the sun as she watched the small casket lower into the deep hole in the ground. The casket was tiny, too small. It made it so painfully obvious that it was a 12 year old boy who was being buried. A kid who was yet to live his life.

That alone was a reason for Scarlett to be motivated to defeat the monster and save Will, Barb and Blake. She remembered what a clueless girl she was at 12, Will deserved a chance to develop and find himself. Barb and Blake deserved more than the shitty world had given them, from bullying to abusive and homophobic parents.

Claudia pulled her two children along so they could drop bouquets onto the casket before they could pay their respects to Joyce, Lonnie and Jonathan. Now, the Hendersons were all too aware of Lonnie and his behaviour. Way to often had they opened their doors to Jonathan and Will whenever their parents were fighting. So the three barley managed to nod at Lonnie in respect before they walked over to Joyce and giving the poor woman warm hugs and whatever words of comfort they could, similar actions were repeated when they walked up to Jonathan and soon enough the funeral was officially over.

Dustin had asked to go over to Floyd, Lucas and Mike, and Claudia quickly allowed it. In her mind, the boys would do something to honour their friend. When Scarlett said she would stay and make sure Jonathan was okay, Claudia pinched her daughter's cheek and had smiled as she recalled how much Scarlett was like her father.