021|Montauk Shadow

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。* ∞*⍋⋆*❅。

"So there I was, I was alive, I had survived

No one saved me, because I saved myself."
~Puran Chand
.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

It was during the ungodly hours of the morning of March 22nd, Dustin burst into his sister's room as he pulled his shirt over his head. No more than 20 minutes later the two Hendersons sat in Scarlett's car and they sped off to Lucas' house.

They arrived at the Sinclair house, only to find the boy already waiting for them. Not wasting a second, Lucas hopped into the car and Scarlett drove off again.

The second to be picked up was Floyd who came sprinting out of his house with a box in hand. By the time the group arrived at the Wheeler house, Mike was already grunting about how they were going to be late.

The boy pulled open the door of the passengers seat and frowned when he found Dustin sitting there. "Move to the back," Mike insisted.

"Nope!"

"Come on, my legs are too long for the backseat," Mike groaned. The boy had shot up into the air ever since December, he now stood taller at Blake's height which effectively made him taller than Nancy and Scarlett.

Dustin shrugged. "And this is my sister's car." The brunet grinned.

"You're such bullshit," Mike spat, closing the door before moving to get into the backseat. Meanwhile Scarlett shook her head and rubbed her eyes with a groan. It was far too early to deal with all those children.

At the Mayfield-Hargrove house, the redhead rushed out of the house with her backpack, leaving her brother in the doorway. Billy's cold eyes settled on Scarlett who glared back at him and ignored the uneasy feeling he caused her.

The four children in the back groaned and moped as they sat pressed up to one another. Silently Scarlett just hoped Hopper wouldn't see her driving around like that, she was saving up for collage and her dorm room and couldn't afford to loose money to a fine. Thankfully Jonathan had offered to pick up Eleven.

An hour after waking up, Scarlett pulled up outside the Byers house and watched all the children scramble pout of the car. The brunette took off her glasses, rubbing her tired eyes. She had once again not managed to sleep through the night and the lack of sleep was taking its toll on her. With a yawn Scarlett got out of her car, locked the door and made her way into the Byers household.

"Hey," Jonathan spoke kindly as he approached her, extending a hand with a mug to her. Judging by the smell it was some much needed coffee. Scarlett returned the greeting and grasped the mug.

In the living room Will was surrounded by his friends, half opened gifts strewn around. The eldest teen trailed closer to Will and tentatively rested a hand on her shoulder. "Hey," He turned around to beam at her and Scarlett gave him a hug. "Happy birthday!"