017|Escaping the Lab

.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

"Come quickly, O death; but be sure and don't let me see you coming, lest the pleasure I shall feel at your appearance should unfortunately bring me back again to life

don't let me see you coming, lest the pleasure
I shall feel at your appearance should
unfortunately bring me back again to life."
-Miguel de Cervantes
.。❅*⋆⍋*∞*。*∞*⍋⋆*❅。

"All right, so let me get this straight," Steve spoke as he and Dustin made their way down the tracks, leaving a trail of cow meat as though they were Hansel and Gretel. For the past hour Dustin had been explaining why he had kept Dart and talked Steve's ear off about some girl that appeared to be Billy Hargrove's step sister. "You kept something you knew was probably dangerous in order to impress a girl who..." Steve frowned, glancing down at the kid on his right. "Who you just met?"

Technically yes, but Dustin wasn't willing to just admit that and thus he opted for a quick retort. "All right, that's grossly oversimplifying things."

"I mean, why would a girl like some nasty slug anyway?" Steve asked. Which made Dustin second guess Steve's advice fro a second, slugs were awesome and if Steve Harrington couldn't see that than maybe Steve Harrington wasn't as cool as Dustin originally thought.

"An interdimensional slug? Because it's awesome," Dustin stated as though it was common knowledge, making Steve raise a brow at Dustin. In many ways Scarlett and Dustin were very alike, but in many ways they did not resemble one another.

Deciding to not argue with Dustin because some girls might be into weird slugs, Steve shrugged. "Well, even if she thought it was cool, which she didn't, I... I just..." Steve shook his head. "I don't know. I just feel like you're trying way too hard," Steve sighed.

"Well, not everyone can have your perfect hair, all right?" Dustin quipped back, his eyes trailing from Steve's hairdo to his own frizzy curls that peeked out from under his cap.

Noticing that apparently both Henderson siblings weren't fond of their natural curls, Steve couldn't help but feel bad for Dustin. "It's not about the hair, man," Steve said sincerely. Sure the hair helped, a lot, but Steve had been popular with the girls even before he started properly styling his hair. "The key with girls is just... just acting like you don't care."

That caused a frown to appear on Dustin's face and made the younger brunet look up at Steve. "Even if you do?"

Steve nodded. "Yeah, exactly. It drives them nuts."

"Then what?"

For a moment Steve pondered trying to find the right way to describe this to  thirteen year old kid without the child's older sister berating Steve later. "You just wait until, uh... until you feel it."

"Feel what?"

Memories of Scarlett and Steve's first Star Wars marathon when he had held her waist resurfaced, accompanied by their encounter on the rooftop, their drunken kiss, the first time he had slept in her bedroom and all those times he had caught her eyes from across a room. "It's like before it's gonna storm, you know?" Steve couldn't help a smile from pulling on his lips. "You can't see it, but you can feel it, like this, uh... electricity, you know?" Steve inquired whilst throwing some more raw meat onto the rails.